• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's not Carville's joke, and the original joke wasn't about New Orleans.

Yer accusing the ragin ' Cajun of comedic plagiarism . Shocking !

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As of late I have noticed that many guys are wearing underwear that are like hot pants (revelatory of buns). What the heck is up with that?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't see anything wrong with that statement. Seems like you're replying with moral arguments against slavery while he's just restating the historical arguments of the Confederacy found in every high school textbook.

Yes, those were they historical arguments of the Confederacy. Thing is, I thought that we had all agreed that the Confederacy was wrong on the issue of slavery.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As of late I have noticed that many guys are wearing underwear that are like hot pants (revelatory of buns). What the heck is up with that?

How are you getting a look at such a number of other guys underwear that you can classify one subset as "many"?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When discussing slavery, the last thing you want to do is bring morality into it just muddles the issues no two ways about it. Especially in discussions about whether the Confederacy was justified.

The problem is that it doesn't seem like the argument was about more than historical Confederate opinions.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

'We' being modern society?

Yes.

The problem is that it doesn't seem like the argument was about more than historical Confederate opinions.

He was saying that those historic Confederate opinions were right.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How are you getting a look at such a number of other guys underwear that you can classify one subset as "many"?

I'm not sure how I'd know such a thing as that hehehe probably just discover it in the course of performing acts.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
wife bought $70 worth of cases and screen protectors for her phone. A replacement phone would cost her $80.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wife bought $70 worth of cases and screen protectors for her phone. A replacement phone would cost her $80.

Will probably end up dropping it in the toilet, cases and all.

I love people who pay a big premium for the sleekest sexiest new smartphone, maybe even pay extra for a specific color. Then they swathe the thing in a gigantic Otterbox case the size of a brick.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love people who pay a big premium for the sleekest sexiest new smartphone, maybe even pay extra for a specific color. Then they swathe the thing in a gigantic Otterbox case the size of a brick.

and why are so many of these phones so big? I can't stand to have even a regular iPhone in my pocket much less one of those big-ass tablet phones.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

and why are so many of these phones so big? I can't stand to have even a regular iPhone in my pocket much less one of those big-ass tablet phones.

I have a Galaxy S3, which is pretty damn big diagonally, but it's really thin so I honestly don't notice it most of the time. The iPhone (haven't seen a 5 yet) was just enough thicker that it's intrusive.

I think anything bigger than the S3 or thereabouts would get hard to carry around though, regardless of how thin it was.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads