• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every person around my age and female seems to be in the weed growing/trimming business. They all seem to be people whose personality has been replaced with this dirty bum ass lifestyle.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Yeah the whole "PNW is racist as ****" is basically why I'm not chilling on my deck overlooking Puget Sound right now. My wife has very little desire to deal with that **** again.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We moved to the PNW for the physical beauty. I knew about the history, but wrongly assumed it would be ... history. This area is still extraordinarily "white". And even in the more liberal areas, racism is all too visible. We regularly (well, before COVID) have guests visit and our guests are rather assorted. When we've been out and about together I've noticed that the reception of any non-white is sometimes a little too obviously different.

We didn't move here to be buddies with the neighbors ... and we have sufficient property to keep the neighbors at bay ... but still.

We tried having the neighbors over ... once. We invited two local couples (4 retired professionals) for dinner with six previously known friends who were visiting. Our previously known friends happen to be couples of mixed race: Caucasian/Black, Asian/Caucasian, and Caucasian/Mexican. One of the locals offered up "We know a black person." And rumor has it that we and our guests became the subject of much local conversation. This is west of the Cascades in an area that went overwhelmingly for Biden.

Post COVID we'll keep to ourselves and have real friends visit. And we still have a toehold in California.

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every person around my age and female seems to be in the weed growing/trimming business. They all seem to be people whose personality has been replaced with this dirty bum ass lifestyle.
I knew someone who went out to the bay area every summer as basically a migrant hippie worker harvesting pot. She'd make enough to survive for the rest of the year in the midwest. In her early 30s she realized it was a ****** life and went to school for some sort of medical tech thing.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are they all women? “Trimigrants” sounds like one of those double meaning things but what do I know

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In her early 30s she realized it was a ****** life and went to school for some sort of medical tech thing.
Can she help my wife's brother figure that out (same deal although he just stayed put in OR the whole time)?

And now that it's legal, I don't think he even gets to do that anymore since now it is all tracked and tagged and the workers are paid legally.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
trimmigrants

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just noticed that the forum software allows you to create tables.

Whatpossiblereasonwouldyou
Haveforthisfeature?
Hasanyoneactuallyusedit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads