• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things you just don't get

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wouldn’t he actually be the last person to say calm down... ?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was at a bar in Medford, OR last night. Morgan Wallace came up, I said I didn’t know who he was. She said he was the country musician who said the n word. Except she didn’t say “the n word” she said the full thing. Who the fuck are these people? You live in Oregon. Why are you saying that full word to a person you just met. She was an awful bartender so she’s probably just an all around shit person.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oregon has a looooong history of racism. In 1849, it banned African Americans from entering the state. It kept modified versions of the law on the books until 1926.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Can vouch. OR is chock full o' racist nuts.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The whole PNW is like that outside of the metro areas. I think it stems from the area historically being a backwoods kind of hinterlands to the rest of the country. Like the Appalachia of the west.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at a bar in Medford, OR last night. Morgan Wallace came up, I said I didn’t know who he was. She said he was the country musician who said the n word. Except she didn’t say “the n word” she said the full thing. Who the fuck are these people? You live in Oregon. Why are you saying that full word to a person you just met. She was an awful bartender so she’s probably just an all around shit person.
My mom grew up in a small lumber town in eastern Oregon and became a nurse. Her first job was in Grants Pass where she was shocked to see a sign at the city limits that read "N####r don't let the sun set on you in this town" Later she met my dad and moved to South Louisiana. Nothing much shocked her after that.

"In 1844 Oregon banned African Americans from the territory altogether. Those who failed to leave could expect to receive lashings under a law known as the "Peter Burnett Lash Law", named for Provisional Supreme Judge Peter Burnett. No persons were ever lashed under the law; it was quickly amended to replace lashing with forced labor, and eventually repealed the following year after a change in the makeup of the legislature.[10][11] However, additional laws aimed at African Americans entering Oregon were ratified in 1849 and 1857, the last of which was not repealed until 1926.[12][13][14] This law in Oregon was the foreshadowing of future laws restricting where minorities could live, not only in Oregon but other jurisdictions."

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy