• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't get bears. :confused:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The University of Miami revealed their new football uniforms. There are four of them, and each has a name (Juice, Surge, Smoke, and Stormtrooper. No I am not kidding.) What the hell why does each individual uniform need a name now?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
L'incsy is that for real? The Stormtrooper uniform name won't last long.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ain't gonna lie, those unis are pretty good. Too bad they belong to an awful program that's impossible to cheer for

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
British culture has gone downhill since the days of Terry-Thomas.

"I say! My ball's right here! What a bit of jam."

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Might get a letter from Coca-Cola as well!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Front-loading washing washing machines. Wtf is the point of having a machine that makes it more difficult to put the clothes into and then you can't open once you start the cycle? I've never used one but the house we rented a few weeks ago had one and I never wanted to do laundry again with that *************.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can definitely open them mid cycle. I can't recall how it worked with the first one we owned, but the one we have now has a pause button designed for just that feature.

As for why, they're much more efficient, for one. They use a lot less water and detergent than top-load washers. However, more importantly to the SF crowd is that they're dramatically gentler on clothes.

We've had two front-load washers over the last 7.5 years, and my clothes seriously do not wear out. They last forever. It actually kind of sucks sometimes because I can never use the, "I need this because mine is wearing out" excuse to justify buying an updated or better-quality version.

As for ease of use, it hasn't ever really bothered me to bend over for 10 seconds, but I know they make stands to move them up some.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ hmmmm. Well I have limited experience with just the one that was in this place in Venice (CA). I didn't realize they are gentler on the clothes. I'm sure it wasn't top of the line anyway, but once it started I found an extra sock and wanted to throw it in but I couldn't open the door. Wouldn't all the water and **** come out if you opened it? I dunno… maybe I'll find a nicer one and be convinced. I guess I have a weird fondness for being able to open the top and see all my clothes sloshing around in there. :happy:

Last edited:

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's two doors inside this cafe by my house. One of the doors has a sign that says, "NOT the bathroom", the other "Bathroom". Do you know how many people I see open up the door that says, "NOT the bathroom"? It is alarming really. Do people think they are being tricked, or are they just plain stupid?

Far more disturbing to me, and interesting, is that there's a Senate hearing room in one of the office buildings with the same type of sign. There's a door up there with a big sign, in all caps, saying "NOT THE CLOAKROOM" (the cloakroom is the antechamber Senators use to go in and out of hearings). I always wondered how many Senators stumbling into some poor staffer's office, janitorial closet, or whatever the hell that room is it takes to get a sign like that. I always get a laugh whenever I walk by it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads