• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

jamiemcp

Reaction score
You can ask icalender to show your work calendar, which is fairly easy.

That way you have everything in one place and they will be colour coded, so you can see which is which instantly.

Just spoke to my IT guys and it cant be done (should mention I have a work and personal device) something to do with security- my arse

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
when it comes to my arse, I'm actually in favor of fairly high security :satisfied:

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tell your IT department to **** off with their stupid security measures which are probably just meant to hide laziness on their part.

Unless you are a spy or some ****, there is no reason to force you to carry two devices (so long as you are willing to accept your device being forced into a higher security mode with locking and remote wipe).

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We can blame lagging, outdated IT protocols on 60 year old CTOs/CIOs who can't get with the times.

We need young, ambitious leaders like Tyrell Wellick spearheading our F500 IT policies.

Go Millenials!!!
1f4aa-1f3fc.png
1f4aa-1f3fc.png
1f4aa-1f3fc.png

Last edited:

brokencycle

Reaction score

Tell your IT department to **** off with their stupid security measures which are probably just meant to hide laziness on their part.

Unless you are a spy or some ****, there is no reason to force you to carry two devices (so long as you are willing to accept your device being forced into a higher security mode with locking and remote wipe).

We can blame lagging, outdated IT protocols on 60 year old CTOs/CIOs who can't get with the times.

We need young, ambitious leaders like Tyrell Wellick spearheading our F500 IT policies.

Go Millenials!!!
1f4aa-1f3fc.png
1f4aa-1f3fc.png
1f4aa-1f3fc.png

Security policy across almost every industry is a joke. It is way more CYA than actual good sense. As an example, in my current job, I can't access gmail for fear I might send confidential material from a personal email. Yet, when I'm home and VPN in I can or I can get into webmail from home, or just use a flash drive.

Companies keep putting security measures in place that not only don't address the root cause of security leaks, they don't actual really fix the symptoms either. Almost all security breaches fall into one of these three categories:

1. Social engineering
2. Some kind of hack into software (SQL injection, etc)
3. Credit card skimmers, etc

Everywhere I go though, the security measures being implemented are things like encrypted drives, blocking email, etc. The ability to wipe a phone makes sense if it gets lost and a good precaution, but it isn't one the primary ways data is stolen or security is breached.

In my experience, the average millennial doen't know the first thing about IT security or actually most tech stuff. They know how to use their iPhone but they're clueless on actual CS/IT/engineering stuff that happens underneath or at an enterprise level. Is that a bad thing? No, not necessarily, but the blanket millennial statement is far from the truth (though, I'm sure you were joking).

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This morning I put on a tight shirt but then I realized that it would put the hairs on my chest region to condition of disordered wasn't sure how to proceed. I decided to put pomade on my chest hairs keep them in place because that's probably what they did in olden times seems to have worked out okay for the people what han done that.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm appalled L'Inc does not body wax.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm appalled L'Inc does not body wax.

I think he's into that hipster thing,you know like where you pretend you live in olden times.He would have to pluck the hairs with like a a clamshell or something

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I be logged on to Facebook I saw in the "Update Status" part of my screen a message of "The Badgers play the Boilermakers today What's on your Mind?" I'm like "I don't give a **** if the Badgers are playing the Boilermakers why did you write that in my Update Status box?"

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guess who's the two times in a row European Athlete of the Year that's right it's the lovely Dutch athlete Dafne Schippers. I don't get why she doesn't have more world famousness to her.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bolt, Blake, Gebrselassie, Johnson, Lewis, Christie, most of them aren't active any longer though, nor European.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Who was the American runner that specialized in the 200 metre dash?

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Donovan Bailey and Michael Johnson had very publicized 150m grudged match, because one was the quickest on 100 and the other 200.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
There we go. Yes, that was the time period when The Fastest Man in the World title did not go to the current 100m dash champ, as the US determined that while this was the situation it belonged to the 200m dash guy. It was delicious tears.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads