• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Making You Sad :(

Bentley

Reaction score
My foster son died last night. He was only 16 but he had many health problems.

He didn't come down for dinner so my wife went up to his room to get him and found him lying face down on the floor of his bedroom. We tried CPR and called 911 right away but it was too late...he was already dead.

I miss him. I can't stop crying.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:( I'm very sorry Bentley. Could I ask for how long he was with you?

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bentley, I'm so sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and your family.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

He didn't come down for dinner so my wife went up to his room to get him and found him lying face down on the floor of his bedroom. We tried CPR and called 911 right away but it was too late...he was already dead.

wow. that is terrible. my condolences to you and your wife.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

wow. that is terrible. my condolences to you and your wife.

+1. Jesus christ. And here I was going to complain about how much pain I was in. You poor bastard. I hope to hell you'll consider fostering another child. We need more good people taking care of unwanted kids.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1. Jesus christ. And here I was going to complain about how much pain I was in. You poor bastard. I hope to hell you'll consider fostering another child. We need more good people taking care of unwanted kids.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

wtf is this?

Edit - never mind. It was a typo. I meant to type "you". Please fix your quote so as I don't appear rude.

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry about that ...

Must be really difficult to cope with and I'm using an euphenism...

All our thoughts are with you..

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Oh, wow - I am so sorry, and I do not envy you at all for the rough times ahead of you and your wife. Condolences, and I hope that you consider fostering again.

I just read that he came to you at 12. You must have put a hell of a lot of work into this boy to get him onto the straight-and-narrow, or even close to it. Our son came to us at 9, he's 12 now - and even now we have our battles and frustrations.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very sorry to hear that bentley. my sincere condolences.

BaaBaaBlackFleece

Reaction score
very sorry bentley. hopefully your family will pull together and help each other through this.....as an aside, all of you foster parents are SAINTS!

what's making me sad is our 10.5 year old spaniel mix. he was diagnosed with bone cancer in his hip last spring, and he's been doing well. until the past two weeks. he was given about 2months to live, 5 months ago, so we're over the moon happy about the time we've had, but i fear the end is nearing

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
missing Hawaii. Hate the 3 hour time difference, too. Pissing me off!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads