• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

My FB newsfeed is starting to contain more and more engagement announcements and wedding photos.

Dear god.

What's next? BABY PICS EVERYWHERE! FML.

yes, baby pics, but believe it or not these aren't the worst. The worst is when some of these relationships sour a little bit and the women flood your feed with inspiration memes or links to "20 things every guy should know about his wife".

My facebook feed is a shell of what it once was (and even in its full glory, it was still lame).

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my favorite Facebook friends are my friends who've turned into super right wing gun advocates/anti-obama people. seriously, they're my favorite because they put the most effort into their Facebook posts.

2nd favorite are the former genius/failed prodigy types who also use Facebook as a means to show how "smart and brilliant" they still are.

My least favorite are the got married late female friends, these are the type to flood with a hundred pictures of their wedding, then when they get pregnant hundreds more of their babies.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

2nd favorite are the former genius/failed prodigy types who also use Facebook as a means to show how "smart and brilliant" they still are.

yep, I see this a lot. The pretenders. I mix this in with the people who act like their job is massively stressful and massively important (there's one profession that sticks out).

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - Facebook is a place where people over-hype their significance.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Reading this thread really makes me wonder why FB does not implode.

Then I remember people only need to post their **** to feel good and have no idea how mercilessly they're being mocked.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Reading this thread really makes me wonder why FB does not implode.

Then I remember people only need to post their **** to feel good and have no idea how mercilessly they're being mocked.

I know someone who knows he's being mocked with a fake Twitter feed. It's pretty funny but he's wound up about it (as he also gets with subway riders clipping their nails, le sigh about it all) The fake twitter account is even mocking his cats, which seems to have cut a little too deep for him.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I know someone who knows he's being mocked with a fake Twitter feed. It's pretty funny but he's wound up about it (as he also gets with subway riders clipping their nails, le sigh about it all) The fake twitter account is even mocking his cats, which seems to have cut a little too deep for him.

T-bone, way to meta for me. I'm a simple man.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do you know Jeff Jarvis?

For the unaware:
Real Jeff Jarvis https://twitter.com/jeffjarvis
Fake Jeff Jarvis https://twitter.com/profjeffjarvis

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The wars are over and it doesn't look like an invasion will be necessary to put down ISIS. Garrison military blows. It's like practicing for a game that's not going to happen.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
The ubiquity of the straw fedora thing for women is pissing me off. I assume this isn't just an LA/beach community thing?

Kira

Reaction score
The ubiquity of the straw fedora thing for women is pissing me off. I assume this isn't just an LA/beach community thing?

"Jealous?!"

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur