• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's my fault really; I pissed away my first year of school...like I came out of my first year of school with majority withdrawls and one graded course...I drank a lot and did a lot of drugs, it was incredibly stupid. I was in engineering school and hated every moment of it, and I was very bitter because I wasn't in design school. However, my second and third years have been very good and I have something like a 3.65 GPA, I'm in the honors program, and I was set to graduate within 4 years total time.

Last edited:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no. I was working on job at about 40 hours a week, one job at about 25-30 a week, and two sevenish hour shifts at two other places. As long as you're not at the same job for 16 hours straight its honestly not that bad. And you sleep very well.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

no. I was working on job at about 40 hours a week, one job at about 25-30 a week, and two sevenish hour shifts at two other places. As long as you're not at the same job for 16 hours straight its honestly not that bad. And you sleep very well.

But do you look well? That's all I care about.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just had an interview for a pretty good job. I think it went well but my lack of technical knowledge about budgeting won't help my candidacy. A few bigwigs have put in a good word for me but ultimately the job will probably go to the people with masters degrees and some experience.

Sigh. Stuck in limbo.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always look good. I just don't photograph well, which is why people on here think I'm scrawny and/or poorly dressed.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just had an interview for a pretty good job. I think it went well but my lack of technical knowledge about budgeting won't help my candidacy. A few bigwigs have put in a good word for me but ultimately the job will probably go to the people with masters degrees and some experience.
Sigh. Stuck in limbo.

Same company, just different position?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Why are Conservatives such ******* marsupials?

The Canadian government is far worse than the Bush administration ever was; Dubya may have been an oblivious idiot, but Harper is a malicious asshole. He is doing his very, very best to destroy all science in Canada, and things are going very well for him. He has violated all kinds of laws, from illicit financing of election campaigns through to brazen procedural manipulation of parliament.

Yet nobody can or will do anything about it, and 30% of the country still supports this puppet for corporate interests -- even though there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER for them to do so beyond the embarrassing stupidity of blind partisan politics -- just like the impoverished Tea Party marsupials of the USA who do and think whatever Koch Bros. money tells them to.

Two respected news sources (parliamentary newspaper the Hill Times and right-of-centre daily the Globe and Mail, which endorsed Harper in the last election) on the omnibus budget bill currently being rammed through our parliament:

C-38 is a gift for oil and gas lobbyists.

It repeals 20 years of environmental case law; it eliminates some 90 per cent of all federal environmental assessments, by one estimate; it tilts the rules for industry where studies are unavoidable; it deliberately fails to define “significant effect” of industrial projects. Might that be, say, a tailings pond in a lake? An open pit mine on a trout stream? “That omission is deliberate,” one lawyer told me. “Once you define ‘significant effect,’ you have to start saying ‘no.’ ”

The Lobbyists’ Bill decrees eco-studies on mega-projects must end in two years. Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver complains of the time it takes to license proposals, like the six years spent to approve Alberta’s Joslyn North oilsands mine—a project so massive it straddles two townships. “Egregious,” Oliver called it. Yet records show actual public hearings on Joslyn North lasted only three weeks; it took Oliver’s own government two years just to appoint a joint review panel, and the developer another 18 months to write its environmental assessment.

No one can explain what vexing environmental problem C-38 aims to solve. One federal study rated Canada as second only to Chile with the fewest environmental barriers to investment—and that was before C-38 (see Comparative Analysis of Impacts on Competitiveness of Environmental Assessment Requirements, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, September 2000).

Nor do oil and gas companies suffer barriers to profit. They pay less tax in Canada than they do in the U.S., Germany or France—and lower rates here than they have since WWII. Imperial Oil today pays proportionately less tax than it did in 1950, though profits rose 53 per cent last year—$3.37-billion. Imperial’s corporate budget now exceeds the national accounts of 84 countries in the United Nations.

Who wrote C-38?

The authorship is anonymous, though it is worth noting Lobbyist Registry records show Cabinet members had 81 meetings with oil and gas lobbyists before the bill was introduced. The meetings were private. Joe Oliver hosted lobbyists 44 times. Asked once who complained about environmental assessments, Oliver told a reporter: “When I was in China – and I’ve been there a couple of times, once with the prime minister, we heard that there was a tremendous interest on the part of Chinese investors in Canadian projects.…However, they were concerned about the delays they have seen.”

So, Parliament repealed its own environmental practices to please Sinopec directors in Beijing.

And they did it after dark, under threat of closure, grasping for appropriate metaphors.

Leading environmental scientists say Ottawa is cutting funding to a research station that studied the ecology of freshwater lakes for more than 50 years because it is producing data the Conservatives do not want to hear as they promote development of the Alberta oil sands.

A massive budget bill that is about to be passed into law by Stephen Harper’s government will cut about $2-million in annual funding to the Experimental Lakes Area in Northwestern Ontario and close the highly-regarded research centre by next April if a new operator cannot be found.

David Schindler, a word-renowned biological scientist who teaches at the University of Alberta, took part in a news conference Friday to decry the decision, which he said will eliminate an effective monitor of the impact of the oil sands.

Recent studies conducted at the station have found that when the mercury input to a lake is cut off, the lake begins to recover, Dr. Schindler said. That contradicts the oil industry’s position, which says that once a lake is polluted with mercury, it is beyond repair and adding more won’t make any difference, he said.

“My guess is our current managers don’t like to see this kind of [research] because the oil sands have an exponentially increasing output of mercury,” Dr. Schindler said. “I think the real problem is we have a bunch of people running science in this country who don’t even know what science is.”

CE this stuff. Why can't libtards follow the rules?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I always look good. I just don't photograph well, which is why people on here think I'm scrawny and/or poorly dressed.

I like to think that I don't photograph well. When I look in the mirror I always think I look better than how I appear in photographs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads