• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No social media accounts. Nice try.

I believe you liked one of my FB posts at some point, but I gave my FB the Old Yeller treatment and can’t check.

Also, I keep that recipe you sent me in Messenger to use at Christmas dinner every year.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I believe you liked one of my FB posts at some point, but I gave my FB the Old Yeller treatment and can’t check.

Also, I keep that recipe you sent me in Messenger to use at Christmas dinner every year.

I got rid of Facebook too. Glad you like the recipe though.

Reactions: MrG

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@MrG keep me honest, but I think it was reverse sear prime rib.

Correct. "Recipe" is probably overselling it, since it was really a cooking approach, but it's the only way I'll cook a roast now. Just perfect.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Looking at this month's credit card bill reminded me just how much stupid **** I bought. The nearly $100 in cashback doesn't really help.
I just got past the point where my gut is telling me I'm spending way the **** too much on rare books. And my gut has a very high tolerance.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got past the point where my gut is telling me I'm spending way the **** too much on rare books. And my gut has a very high tolerance.

Are you planning on reselling some? Been getting rid of some of my books, and reinvesting that money on stocks.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Are you planning on reselling some? Been getting rid of some of my books, and reinvesting that money on stocks.
Smart.

I've been selling off books for years, but just putting the money back into more books. I've checked off several biggies this year so it's time to clear some more books out to make room and replenish the coffers.

I'm also branching into commissioning fine rebindings, I've got a couple of those pending right now, one for a first edition of The Bride of Frankenstein (1938) and one for Der Vampyr, a German opera published in the 1830s.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smart.

I've been selling off books for years, but just putting the money back into more books. I've checked off several biggies this year so it's time to clear some more books out to make room and replenish the coffers.

I'm also branching into commissioning fine rebindings, I've got a couple of those pending right now, one for a first edition of The Bride of Frankenstein (1938) and one for Der Vampyr, a German opera published in the 1830s.

That's cool. Haven't bought that many limiteds recently, because none have peaked my interest. The ones I do really want have rights, that I can't get. Gonna buy Babel-17 on Sunday, but aside from CP... I don't see myself buying many more limiteds this year. Thought about rebinding the Random House Blood Meridian, but the paper really is ******.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Peak Book??

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads