• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mom and I always had regular long conversations about life, politics, friends and family etc. I had a similar conversation with my sister last week about my brother and the Covid hospitalization business. It reminded me how much I missed that.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I've grown older and more objective about her, I'm just now coming to terms with how psychologically damaged my mother is. It makes me sad that she can't accept/believe/internalize that people lover her completely, even when they are annoyed by her flaws.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy butt-******* hell. I can't believe how ******* nerve-racking it is to get a ******* COVID test without showing symptoms.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A kid, aged 20, just died a few hours ago. A horrific car accident. He was my oldest boy's good friend, in the same class. His mom is a few years older than me and I've known her and her family since the 80's, basically my whole life. Our two families have been friends for over three generations (our moms also know each other) and we've all grown up together.

Really sweet kid, he used to watch our house whenever we took a vacation. The dog loved him. Super hard working and good-natured.

RIP Kyle.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy butt-******* hell. I can't believe how ******* nerve-racking it is to get a ******* COVID test without showing symptoms.
My kid just had to go through that.
She's in an internship at a hospital, and her mom, stepdad, and pretty much everyone else around them all caught it.
And they were all but blaming her of being patient zero because of where she worked, even though they all partied indoors NYE.
She was super freaked out, because a positive result would screw up her graduation from the program.
And, she was negative.
I put her up in a hotel until everyone else's rona ran its course.
SUCKIT NYE REVELERS

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I juss found out my buddy's wife has early onset parkinson's wickth some symptoms. She is like 35 or something. I think she was diagnosed in 2019(I k ew she had Mexican problems, just never k ew exactly what) , and they had plans to start accelerating all of the travel and experiences they wanted in life then ******* covid. So they might lose 2 years that they will NEVER get back.

It is one think to be bummed out because you can't travel it is quite another to know that if you dont it now you may never be able to enjoy it ever again.

It has been a tough day

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A kid, aged 20, just died a few hours ago. A horrific car accident. He was my oldest boy's good friend, in the same class. His mom is a few years older than me and I've known her and her family since the 80's, basically my whole life. Our two families have been friends for over three generations (our moms also know each other) and we've all grown up together.

Really sweet kid, he used to watch our house whenever we took a vacation. The dog loved him. Super hard working and good-natured.

RIP Kyle.
Sorry man. That is just brutal. What a loss. :(

This is my nightmare as a parent.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those fees are probably less than that couple would have been willing to pay upfront to get a shot...

I don't like the idea of it, but cash tends to be a pretty good mechanism for allocating scarce goods... If people want it that badly, maybe there should be a way for them to get it where the healthcare system can capture the surplus.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Those fees are probably less than that couple would have been willing to pay upfront to get a shot...

I don't like the idea of it, but cash tends to be a pretty good mechanism for allocating scarce goods... If people want it that badly, maybe there should be a way for them to get it where the healthcare system can capture the surplus.

In Canada it's against the law to pay for core medical services and 95% of all medical services are "core" in Canada. Oddly enough there's some movement on pushing back on that in BC I think around private chemo, and oddly enough, cataract surgeries.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****. Facebook Marketplace people really ******* blow. "Okay let's meet at the Starbucks" and then never ******* show. Then I get a message, "Hey can you meet me at my house?"--on the other end of ******* town? I'm not a delivery service, you come to me.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****. Facebook Marketplace people really ******* blow. "Okay let's meet at the Starbucks" and then never ******* show. Then I get a message, "Hey can you meet me at my house?"--on the other end of ******* town? I'm not a delivery service, you come to me.
Yes, but if you go to their house, you can more effectively case the joint to plan what to steal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads