• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

brokencycle

Reaction score

What are the theories/thoughts here?

FWIW, I (a Dodger hater) don't care a bit what it means for LAD/Shohei...but I love the shitshow nature of it. Curious to see what gets unearthed.

1. I love the "I need to get this posted today because the facts might change tomorrow bit." It goes to show that sports commentary is really just about volume in content creation.

2. He talks about he shouldn't be allowed to gamble on baseball (and there is no evidence yet that he has) but they need to dig into it. If he was gambling on baseball and still millions in debt, it might go to show how little inside info matters (although it could just be that he still sucks at gambling).

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When do you say enough is enough and move on a different job?

I'm tired of always being tired. The standard work day is a 14-hour day.

My job is massive headache and a managerial clusterfuck. I never feel satisfied and it's kinda like just trying to keep your head out of water.

I also, to be honest, dislike my specific industry and the larger one around it. But it pays, I like making 200k a year.

Do I dig a deeper hole? I'm kinda afraid of what else is out there.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forget your specific industry but certain areas have few open roles as companies just remove reqs. For example, in Nashville and specifically accounting and corporate finance roles, there aren't a ton of jobs open compared to previous periods. Also, once you get higher on the income scale, it seems jobs are taken by insiders vs. advertised outside.

Being in a job you hate sucks and 14hr days will take a toll on you.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. I love the "I need to get this posted today because the facts might change tomorrow bit." It goes to show that sports commentary is really just about volume in content creation.

2. He talks about he shouldn't be allowed to gamble on baseball (and there is no evidence yet that he has) but they need to dig into it. If he was gambling on baseball and still millions in debt, it might go to show how little inside info matters (although it could just be that he still sucks at gambling).
I will say I thought the writer was pretty restrained, at least by the mandates of modern content churn*. I found his "landing spot" seemingly the most likely. But, we shall see. As mentioned, I just want mayhem, detached from rooting interest, so I won't complain if it gets much messier. That being said, anything that results in no Shohei for the playoffs would be a massive bummer. Dodgers would presumably still be excellent, but way more fun to hate watch a juggernaut, which one assumes they would be with a fully built out team.

*For perspective, there was a segment on one of the ESPN morning shows about how UCONN (very good college team, and seemingly the runaway favorite, admittedly) would comfortably be in NBA Play-In seeding territory right now.

Like, I don't understand how something that silly hooks anybody enough to get even halfway agitated by it.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I will say I thought the writer was pretty restrained, at least by the mandates of modern content churn*. I found his "landing spot" seemingly the most likely. But, we shall see. As mentioned, I just want mayhem, detached from rooting interest, so I won't complain if it gets much messier. That being said, anything that results in no Shohei for the playoffs would be a massive bummer. Dodgers would presumably still be excellent, but way more fun to hate watch a juggernaut, which one assumes they would be with a fully built out team.

*For perspective, there was a segment on one of the ESPN morning shows about how UCONN (very good college team, and seemingly the runaway favorite, admittedly) would comfortably be in NBA Play-In seeding territory right now.

Like, I don't understand how something that silly hooks anybody enough to get even halfway agitated by it.
As long as the Dodgers have the greatest regular-season pitcher, Clayton Chokeshaw, there will be ample opportunity for schadenfreude come September.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut off my hair tonite but just the bulk of it . I went from hacksaw jim duggan to vera de Milo

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut off my hair tonite but just the bulk of it . I went from hacksaw jim duggan to vera de Milo

My dad played with hacksaw at SMU in the late 70s. I met hacksaw when some alumni came back to play a game against the student team constructed during the death penalty. SMU had a team during that time, perhaps surprisingly, that only played inter-team scrimmages.

Anyway, I asked hacksaw if wrestling was real. I was probably 4 or 5 at the time and he assured my it was 100% real.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s getting hard to keep up with both Key Bridge and P Diddy updates at the same time

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I only work 14 total hours a month.
My last day of formal employment was somewhere in late 2004. I told my fellow hacks I was quitting to write a novel. You never know, I still might get around to it.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads