• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
no. referring to the losers I was talking about before.

LOL. me =
facepalm.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not pissing me off, but a bit of an irritant. Went out with some friends I haven't seen a lot of the last year or so. My one friend brought his girlfriend, who he's been seeing since October. They're the sort of couple who's literally face-to-face or kissing every few minutes. It makes me sound prudish, but that creates an awkward feeling when that's within the context of a group outing.

Perhaps not coincidentally, they don't seem to have much to talk about with each other.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok, so my sales manager in Egypt is coming to home office with his family for vacation in the sumer. he will be in Disney for July 4rth, then come to our office, which is in a small suburh of chicago, for 3 weeks. his wife is a real princess, and his kids are spoiled. there is absolutly nothing to do around where we are, so I am sure that they are going to be bored, and expect people from the office to entertain them. what he just doesn't get is that when a person comes for work to Egypt and my guy takes him out for a meal (and expenses it) it is totally different from him expecting to be invited for dinner to people's house with his wife and 2 kids (and they can't expense it). also, some of these people are techincal and marketing people, single, and don't make that much money - to provide dinner for a family of 4 as guests is an expense for them.

I am also sure that he expects to be able to drop his kids off at the office with the secrataries to watch them, which isn't going to work. last time we were out in egypt with a technical person, a woman who is a registered nurse with an MBA, but she is a single woman, we went out to dinner and he told his kids to "go play with miss jenifer, she'll take care of you".

he has extreme verbal diariah, and I am always getting complaints about what he says to people. the guy who is in my parallel for domestic sales has a son who is an airforce pilot and a son in law who is a forward air controller. I was talking to his wife a while back and she said "hey are you the egyptian guy's boss? he sounds like a real anti-american nut! he was telling me about how the US airforce is bombing innocent kids in the middle east".

anyway, so I spent the morning on the phone with him trying to convince him to only come to chicago for a few days, not 3 weeks. I am sure that this is just a disaster waiting to happen.

on the other hand, he is a very good worker and producer, and it would be difficult to replace him.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
today was both craptacular and adrenal simultaneously

got to work @ 4:50 AM, clocked in 5 minutes later and started to work.

made the parfaits.
made 30+ salads.
made humus combos.
made sandwiches.
made other combos.
set up ad
took a break.
made more sandwiches.
prepped chickens.
cooked chickens.
finished production.
took my lunch.
filled the floor.
filled the hotcase.
took 11 am temps.
filled the sample dome.
started the truck.
got swamped with guests.
pushed truck to the cooler.
re filled the production case.
refilled the cold line.
put in 1pm chickens
took 1pm temps
re made items.

with very little help.

and i was by myself in my department all day.

made it through, and thankfully don't have to be back til 1pm tommorow.

but yeah, went from e x h a u s t e d to E X H A U S T E D in 8 short hoursl.

-rF

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Well, two of my suits will have cuffless trousers which irritates me. Only I will notice/care yet it still bothers me.

When I got all my pants made, they were all done cuffless. I regret that now that I have prettier shoes.
frown.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
When I got all my pants made, they were all done cuffless. I regret that now that I have prettier shoes.
frown.gif

I called the tailor to cancel the hemming on those two suits. I am just going to sell them because now that I think about it and look at some photos, cuffless suit trousers look "wrong." I would be too self-conscious in them to be at all comfortable.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I called the tailor to cancel the hemming on those two suits. I am just going to sell them because now that I think about it and look at some photos, cuffless suit trousers look "wrong." I would be too self-conscious in them to be at all comfortable.
Good move, IMO, I couldn't wear them either if it were me.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm speaking of odd trousers, personally. Suits have always been cuffed. I thought that cuffless looked a bit more casual but I'm not really a casual guy.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got off the elevator at work today and actually thought about shooting myself. I can't tell if I'm genuinely depressed (what the hell do I have to be depressed about?) or just need a long vacation.

b

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Vacation! Get outta dodge for awhile. West Coast or something. Shake some of the DC off.

Also, I find I'm often most depressed when there doesn't seem to be anything in particular driving it. Sometimes listening to a lot of Smiths records helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads