• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

brokencycle

Reaction score
Exactly. The outliers are much more impactful on the high end. In light of that, I don’t have any trouble believing that’s average; it’s just that average isn’t really instructive here.

Also, it still doesn’t explain the rest of the chart. That Top 50% AGI number is insane.

Are you talking the $72k or the $127k? According to Wikipedia, the median is ~$60K per household. I think it is reasonable to assume the average of people making more than $72k is $127k.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you talking the $72k or the $127k? According to Wikipedia, the median is ~$60K per household. I think it is reasonable to assume the average of people making more than $72k is $127k.

The $127k is the one I think is insane.

Is your last sentence what the table is saying? I read it as income needed to be in the 50th percentile, but now going back to it I think you’re right. It’s the average of all incomes above the percentile. That’s a weird way to show an income distribution, but it does make more sense in context than the way I was interpreting it.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a large glass of green tea in the morning. I use my pint glass from the PM water as my vessel of choice, be saving dat environment. I use two tea bags. I let the paper tabs hang ober the sides of the glass. Betimes when I pour the hot water into my glass one of the little paper tabs always manages to fall in and wrap itself around the other bag. I’ve got to fish it out. Just be irritating a man in the AM.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I’m sorry your morning double teabagging didn’t go well, B.

3B01562B-C542-4C4D-9BC2-91668EB01EE0.jpeg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Y'all apparently missed my post where I expressed confusion and then provided the answer.

Those aren't the numbers that put you at the 50th percentile--that's the average of everyone *above* the 50th percentile.

Kind of weird once you draw it down to 50, but makes sense when you are talking about things like "the one percent". The threshold value tells you what it takes to technically qualify, but the average or median gives you a better idea of the income claimed by the entire 1%. $350k might get you into the club, but you're definitely just a junior member.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whenever I rub my face with my hands and then smell my fingers they smell like chicken parmigiana. This is weird because it is very consistent and I cannot recall the last time I actually ate chicken parmigiana. Do all Eye-talians just smell like chicken parmigiana?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Lesson just re-learned to never speak about anything I own on StyFo. From cars to homes to clothes. Just don't do it.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bear's Bitmoji is throwing me off. For some reason I assumed he was a senior citizen (no offense to the senior citizens here).

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am appreciating the Bitmojis for giving me a general sense of what some people look like (or at least think they look like).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics