• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I hate all that stuff as even unscented I can smell. The worst are people wearing heavy scent to wine tastings; they should be dragged outside and beaten well.

Sorry to hear about dementia. It's a horrible disease process.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I am never going to master conjugating verbs in Spanish.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife's a Spanish teacher, says its a big reason people quit trying to learn.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am never going to master conjugating verbs in Spanish.

That was one of the things that was so great about learning Japanese years ago: there are basically two kinds of verbs, you can tell what kind it is by the ending of the word, and every verb of the same type conjugates the same way. So if you learn a new infinitive verb, you immediately know how to conjugate it as well. I remember suffering through Spanish verbs in high school.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and-that-class-ishowt-you-conjugate-verbs-in-spanish-imgflip-com-19849909.png

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

It's even worse when you're on the wrong side of 50 and you're learning using an app and interacting with Spanish speakers at work. Been looking all over for some direct tutelage but nothing in my area at times I can make it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Timing of this conversation is eerie. A couple of days ago i was having a ciggy and just thinking about how all the conjugations and participles make no sense. There is a mexican kitchen I patronize and the wife always teaches me the correct forms of words when I speak to her in spanish to practice. Their birria tacos are off the chain too.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My landlords are selling the house I'm renting. I was only planning to stay another year or two before buying. This is going to end up being 4 moves in 5 years. Sucks being a non-landowning pleb.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's even worse when you're on the wrong side of 50 and you're learning using an app and interacting with Spanish speakers at work. Been looking all over for some direct tutelage but nothing in my area at times I can make it.
My wife wasn't a native speaker being a redheaded Irish farm girl from Wisconsin so she moved to Spain for five years . She landed a couple good gigs teaching English to the Kings finance minister and later to Geraldine Chaplins kids one of which was Oona who had a part on Game of Thrones. That did the trick.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
My wife wasn't a native speaker being a redheaded Irish farm girl from Wisconsin so she moved to Spain for five years . She landed a couple good gigs teaching English to the Kings finance minister and later to Geraldine Chaplins kids one of which was Oona who had a part on Game of Thrones. That did the trick.

This is in prep for a possible move to Spain in our early retirement. The "non-lucrative" visa makes it easy.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
People love to complain about how people's heads are constantly in their phones despite doing it themselves. It mostly doesn't bother me unless it negatively impacts me and there is one place that it really drives me nuts: the grocery store. They are always crowded and some jerk blocking an isle, or worse, the cucumbers with their nose in the phone. Makes me real mad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads