• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The woman who is accused in the heroin overdose of the Google executive looks similar to a lady I used to date in times gone by (the past).

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I miss wearing dress pents / shoes, shirts, ties, and blazers.

All I wear are jeans and t-shirts now. Sometimes a dress shirt with jeans.

I've worn a jacket maybe a dozen times since I quit teaching. My workplace is so damn casual these days, at least until you get into management. I miss it really.

My wife gets after me if I outdress her, and she never wants to dress especially well for most occasions. Sigh. All these nice clothes sitting around.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've worn a jacket maybe a dozen times since I quit teaching. My workplace is so damn casual these days, at least until you get into management. I miss it really.

My wife gets after me if I outdress her, and she never wants to dress especially well for most occasions. Sigh. All these nice clothes sitting around.

I know dat feel, brah.. Your mom also gets extremely angry when I outdress her, but very happy when I undress her afterwards.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't understand this. Just wear what you want, why is that hard?

Office culture. Everyone wears cargo shorts, t shirts, and flip flops.

We have the type of environment that eschews Big Corporate because everyone here pretty much "fled" that environment, including myself.

I'd be That Guy if I wore a blazer or tie to work everyday.

It wouldn't be functional for me either, since we have work rooms where we can work on bean bags and lay down with terrible posture. I spend most my day there. No bueno with formal clothing.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We have the type of environment that eschews Big Corporate because everyone here pretty much "fled" that environment, including myself.

It wouldn't be functional for me either, since we have work rooms where we can work on bean bags and lay down with terrible posture. I spend most my day there. No bueno with formal clothing.

You know... you can wear tailored clothing without going jacket/tie. It just has to be tight because tight = casual :)

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You know... you can wear tailored clothing without going jacket/tie. It just has to be tight because tight = casual :)

I like wearing jackets and ties, that's the thing. I'd rather go all out, so to speak, than just wear my tailored pents and shirts. I don't like business casual.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I never understood this perspective. Who gives a **** about being "that guy". Wear what you like you ******* lemming.

Also, do you work at Discovery Zone?

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a dental bill coming up that is going to take a really big chunk out of of my savings on account of my insurance isn't paying for it.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I never understood this perspective. Who gives a **** about being "that guy". Wear what you like you ******* lemming.

Being "That Guy" can make you less likely to be included on valuable projects, less likely to get promoted, etc. Being visibly at odds with the work culture is rarely a good thing.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also, do you work at Discovery Zone?

Of course you would say this, since you're That Guy at your office. You at least have the backdrop of a business casual dress code to temper the perceived eccentricity of wearing suits and ties to work everyday.

It's only been a month since I started my new job. Like hell I'm going to draw attention to myself for anything other than my work.

I'll slowly ease into it, but for now, I just want to fit in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads