1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Break the rules! Suck your own dick! It's new year! It's allowed

1 person likes this.
  2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I wish I did, as I would have been over there eating all their food, but no some idiot shot off a 100 shot battery so close to my apartment that the shots hit the windows and a conservative guess would be that there was something like 50 of those really loud firecrackers, where you can feel the sound wave.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I just read that Lake Superior State University has banned certain words such as "bae" and "curate" and "takeaway." To me that's a bunch of bullshit who gave them the right to decide which words could be "in good standing" in the English language? Probably they are just power hungry want to lorde it over their fellows.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I don't like how Little Caesar's has blatantly ripped off Subway's "five dollar footlong" ditty to sell $5 pizzas

5. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

People who use the word "bae" should be kicked in the groin.

Unless they're talking about Koreans. Then it's ok.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

2 people like this.
  7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I don't even know what bae is. Googled it and it said it was a Danish word for shit

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I think it means before anyone else, bæ.

9. L'Incandescent

I don't think it really means "before anyone else;" that was invented after the word started to be used. I believe it is a word used by those who lack the lifeforce or strength of spirit to pronounce the final b of "babe."

10. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Intertextuality?

2 people like this.
  11. L'Incandescent

I remember once in the 1970s I brought crackers with me to eat on the airplane. The stewardess saw me and said "Oh no, don't eat those crackers we are going to be serving a meal of roasted beefin's!" I said "you are not my governess dictate my nutriments you are just a floozy." (You could talk that way to flight attendants in the 1970s but not anymore you get kicked off the plane.)

2 people like this.
  12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have done an incredible amount of work for this one particular project recently, but I find it seriously irritating that this one person keeps coming back to me and inquiring about all of these other little things, which keep producing a lot more work than if he was just upfront about what he wanted from the start. Also, what I am doing for the particular group is very labor intensive, and not exactly a cake walk and I feel unappreciated by him. I guess it shouldn't matter in the end, but I am particularly proud of what I have done on this project and it would be nice for this group to be a bit more appreciative especially since I did a tremendous amount in a very short amount of time, a real triumph over adversity if you ask me.

1 person likes this.
  13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Those damn, unappreciative Boomers, amirite? Sheesh.

2 people like this.
  14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Going above and beyond only gets you more work with the same pay. Fuck all that noise.

15. MrG

MrG Senior member

That's immensely frustrating, pB. The ability to provide clear requests and expectations is an underrated management skill, at least in my experience. Just tell me exactly what you need up front, and I'll produce it. Giving extra clarification on the fly, after I've produced a quality version of what you first requested, is inefficient and demoralizing.

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Pity us Gen X'ers sandwiched between the Boomers and the insufferable Millenials.

1 person likes this.
  17. patrickBOOTH

Yeah, I have to redo models to include all of this other stuff that would have been done two weeks ago if he mentioned it from the beginning.

I don't know, I don't really identify with the millennials. I guess from a technical age perspective I'm at the beginning of them, but I definitely feel that my work ethic is much different than a lot of people just slightly younger than me.

18. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

+1

I am technically a millennial, but like pB, I don't really identify with them. The lack of a work ethic and the entitlement mentality frustrate me to no end.

19. patrickBOOTH

From what I notice, without getting too CE about it, there's a certain *ahem* demographic that I find to be the most irritating bunch when it comes to the stereotypical millennial attitude.

20. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I too find it difficult to identify with all of the 53 million of my millennial brethren. I mean, they're just all so lazy. Not me though... I'm special.

5 people like this.