• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Holy **** G, I'm glad they're ok.

Glad your family is safe, MrG.

Glad they're OK, G. That's scary.

Condolences, SH.

Glad the fam is ok, G, but yeesh that will shake you up.

Rough day here today. :(

What a ****** week for everyone. Stay safe yall.

G, glad the G's are okay. That's scary ****!

glad mrs. g and lower case g are alright. really glad.

G, glad everyone is ok.

SH, condolences.

Thanks for the kind words, all. It was definitely scary. MrsG called right after it happened, and she was obviously shaken up. Fortunately, the accident happened in the rear view, so LowerCaseG didn't see any of the actual event. Everyone is okay, but that was far too close a call for my taste.

One amusing anecdote from the whole deal: (Note: LowerCaseG, like most boys his age, thinks firetrucks are awesome.) MrsG must have called me as soon as she was able to pull over after the accident, because she said the only first responders on scene were the cops involved in the chase. While we were on the phone, I could hear sirens as other cops, paramedics, firetrucks, etc. were arriving. In the middle of my wife tearfully recounting this horrific wreck that has barely missed her and our child, I hear sirens followed a little voice yelling "firetruck!!! MAMA!!! IT'S A FIRETRUCK!!!"

:laugh:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
today there was not one, but TWO, cars in the garage parked like total jerks. one was parked diagonally taking up two spots, and the other was about 4 feet off the wall, so half the car was jutting into the driving lane.

makes me so mad.

so i left these notes under their wiper blades.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Key their cars next time.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going to spend my weekend creating a budget including risk analysis for an investor, good times.

If the work pays of at the end, this goes in "the other thread".

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I park diagonal (across spaces) all the time, but that's because my car is very nice. Not a valid parking method for most.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

From a man who obviously doesn't know how to make love (perform the act of copulation in a pleasurable manner) to a woman (person of the female sex), it is not about shoving your key in the lock, it is all about touching the button.

Reaching into your own pocket and "touching the button" is not the same as the act of making love to a woman (maybe how they do it in Japan). Also, it is best not to call the act "touching the button," as it sends a disparaging message.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I park diagonal (across spaces) all the time, but that's because my car is very nice. Not a valid parking method for most.

betimes it appears (this is to mean that it looks as if) that you park of the asshole.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A girl I know is getting married tomorrow. Unfortunately, their venue is in a federal park...
On Tuesday they were told that it would be ok. The park was closed but they could still have it as a private event.

Then the national park service decides that they actually can't have their wedding there...so they were scrambling *yesterday* to get a new venue, make changes, and get all the vendors on board. wtf? **** all of the people who are trying to say that this doesn't effect anyone besides the already useless govt employees (whose facebook posts are intermingled with this poor girl trying to make sure everyone is notified about the venue change).

Luckily it looks like it will work out, new venue is 15 minutes from the original. Hopefully they are cutting them a deal...the new venue looks expensive and much larger (seats almost 2000).

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wtf is this?

It is a comment responding to Stitchy's complaint above about diagonal parkers. I was just conveying that I understand Stitchy's point of view as regards the vast majority of cases, but my own situation is exceptional on account of I have a bespoke car and want to keep it free from harm. (I think Bhowie is in the same position.) People who have regular cars (bought off the rack, so to speak) should park within the lines.

FunLovinStyle

Reaction score

It is a comment responding to Stitchy's complaint above about diagonal parkers. I was just conveying that I understand Stitchy's point of view as regards the vast majority of cases, but my own situation is exceptional on account of I have a bespoke car and want to keep it free from harm. (I think Bhowie is in the same position.) People who have regular cars (bought off the rack, so to speak) should park within the lines.

I can say with certainty that diagonal parking will not afford your vehicle any degree of security.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads