Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I like Toys for Tots. They are legit.

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

not only do I get that during the so-so extended Christmas season, but I also get fucking dragon/lion dancing during the chinese new year where these dancing troupes would knock at our workplace unannounced and would insist on doing that dance where in the end the lion or dragon would "eat" that red packet with money in it.

well, fwiw, for the past few years Christmas season starts in november, since halloween's getting more popular here so they wait until after all soul's day till they start playing those god awful carols on the radio... and some people even think "do they know its christmas" is a fucking Christmas song.

how's your mom, btw?

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

kidney infection which lead to acute kidney failure. everything's back to normal, but the antibiotics are making her very weak, so she'll be in the hospital for the whole course.

i personally want her out of any hospital ASAP for her to avoid any unnecessary HAI (hospital acquired infections) if she can finish the antibiotics at home.

I really need to see everything myself (her labs/diagnostics/ect) before I can relax.

Things that are pissing me off... having to fly halfway across the world.... please god don't let there be screaming children near my seat. fuck it maybe I'll buy some noise canceling earphones to be safe. I was going to buy them yesterday but all the big places were closed for the Yom Kippur.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ all the best to her... and I hope you remain calm...

... as for tomorrow's flight- hope you got business class!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Yeah, hospitals are the worse place for immune compromised people. I always point out the small area studies from the late 70s/early 80s and how faster d/c is one of the good things to come out of HMOs and utilization review.

Glad to hear she's on the upswing, Larry.

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Thanks guys.

there's the new bad trend that treats hospitals as semi hotel resorts where patients are there for a lot longer than necessary (especially with medical tourism hospitals located in the tropics). what the new modalities are for those hospitals (like in singapore) is to just treat the patient then immediately put them in a hotel/resort ASAP for the rest of the recovery. it actually doesn't sound so bad because at least you're forced to rest at a beach resort where normally you'd be forcing yourself to do activities and not really really taking in the rest and relaxation.

^ these days business class is still no guarantee to avoid the screaming baby/child/annoying people.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  7. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Yeah, premature d/c...don't get me bitching about recidivism. It's going to be a real bitch with Medicare and ACOs up and down the continuum of care.

8. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

tons of priority works requests today, and I like being super busy so I don't mind them. But I mind all of the lame meetings I had/have today from 9-10, 10:45-11:15, and 12-5 :fu:

9. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

doc - glad your mom is on the up and up. hope the recovery goes without incident.

10. in stitches

so you have only 1.5 hours of actual work today? and that includes lunch.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

glad to hear your mom's responding to treatment, hope it all resolves well and you have safe travels.

12. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

the work must be done, 1.5 hours be damned. I don't mind working late at all, in fact it's fairly normal for me, but pissing me off is when I have to interrupt this work for 6+ hours of stupid meetings.

13. in stitches

:( that is lame. im glad i rarely have meeting at work.

14. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Seems like many of my bad experiences over the last week have involved cheese. Just now I went to Jimmy John's and ordered a #5 without cheese. You will never guess what they included in the sandwich. (Yes you will, unless you are very bad at context clues.)

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Do you suffer from a lactose problem?