• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Toys for Tots. They are legit.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

what about in some Roman Catholic Countries..... where as long as the Month ends in a 'ER there will be people who "carol" for pure cash money hand outs.
Acid wil vouch for this:
As early as Septemb'ER there'll be:
- children
- adults
- small groups (as low as two people)
- big groups (up to 40)
who will stand outside your house/clinic/work establishment/office and proceed to sing Christmas Carols..... and they expect straight cash money for their "efforts".
for the less fortunate its understandable, all you're expected to do is give them a little cash and maybe some food (especially during a party). but it can be organized and scarily expensive too, where groups (from church, from work, for social organizations) expect huge cash payouts for singing christmas carols out of tune.
i'm really pissed that I have to fly back to my sick mother tomorrow to this exact situation, and even though everyone in my home area knows that, they'll still will come out and carol, or just straight out ask for money no qualms as a "Christmas gift"

not only do I get that during the so-so extended Christmas season, but I also get ******* dragon/lion dancing during the chinese new year where these dancing troupes would knock at our workplace unannounced and would insist on doing that dance where in the end the lion or dragon would "eat" that red packet with money in it.

well, fwiw, for the past few years Christmas season starts in november, since halloween's getting more popular here so they wait until after all soul's day till they start playing those god awful carols on the radio... and some people even think "do they know its christmas" is a ******* Christmas song.

how's your mom, btw?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not only do I get that during the so-so extended Christmas season, but I also get ******* dragon/lion dancing during the chinese new year where these dancing troupes would knock at our workplace unannounced and would insist on doing that dance where in the end the lion or dragon would "eat" that red packet with money in it.
well, fwiw, for the past few years Christmas season starts in november, since halloween's getting more popular here so they wait until after all soul's day till they start playing those god awful carols on the radio... and some people even think "do they know its christmas" is a ******* Christmas song.
how's your mom, btw?

kidney infection which lead to acute kidney failure. everything's back to normal, but the antibiotics are making her very weak, so she'll be in the hospital for the whole course.

i personally want her out of any hospital ASAP for her to avoid any unnecessary HAI (hospital acquired infections) if she can finish the antibiotics at home.

I really need to see everything myself (her labs/diagnostics/ect) before I can relax.

Things that are pissing me off... having to fly halfway across the world.... please god don't let there be screaming children near my seat. ******* maybe I'll buy some noise canceling earphones to be safe. I was going to buy them yesterday but all the big places were closed for the Yom Kippur.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ all the best to her... and I hope you remain calm...

... as for tomorrow's flight- hope you got business class!

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, hospitals are the worse place for immune compromised people. I always point out the small area studies from the late 70s/early 80s and how faster d/c is one of the good things to come out of HMOs and utilization review.

Glad to hear she's on the upswing, Larry.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, hospitals are the worse place for immune compromised people. I always point out the small area studies from the late 70s/early 80s and how faster d/c is one of the good things to come out of HMOs and utilization review.
Glad to hear she's on the upswing, Larry.

Thanks guys.

there's the new bad trend that treats hospitals as semi hotel resorts where patients are there for a lot longer than necessary (especially with medical tourism hospitals located in the tropics). what the new modalities are for those hospitals (like in singapore) is to just treat the patient then immediately put them in a hotel/resort ASAP for the rest of the recovery. it actually doesn't sound so bad because at least you're forced to rest at a beach resort where normally you'd be forcing yourself to do activities and not really really taking in the rest and relaxation.

^ these days business class is still no guarantee to avoid the screaming baby/child/annoying people.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, premature d/c...don't get me bitching about recidivism. It's going to be a real ***** with Medicare and ACOs up and down the continuum of care.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
tons of priority works requests today, and I like being super busy so I don't mind them. But I mind all of the lame meetings I had/have today from 9-10, 10:45-11:15, and 12-5 :fu:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doc - glad your mom is on the up and up. hope the recovery goes without incident.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

tons of priority works requests today, and I like being super busy so I don't mind them. But I mind all of the lame meetings I had/have today from 9-10, 10:45-11:15, and 12-5 :fu:

so you have only 1.5 hours of actual work today? and that includes lunch.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

kidney infection which lead to acute kidney failure. everything's back to normal, but the antibiotics are making her very weak, so she'll be in the hospital for the whole course.
i personally want her out of any hospital ASAP for her to avoid any unnecessary HAI (hospital acquired infections) if she can finish the antibiotics at home.
I really need to see everything myself (her labs/diagnostics/ect) before I can relax.
Things that are pissing me off... having to fly halfway across the world.... please god don't let there be screaming children near my seat. ******* maybe I'll buy some noise canceling earphones to be safe. I was going to buy them yesterday but all the big places were closed for the Yom Kippur.

glad to hear your mom's responding to treatment, hope it all resolves well and you have safe travels.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

so you have only 1.5 hours of actual work today? and that includes lunch.

the work must be done, 1.5 hours be damned. I don't mind working late at all, in fact it's fairly normal for me, but pissing me off is when I have to interrupt this work for 6+ hours of stupid meetings.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the work must be done, 1.5 hours be damned. I don't mind working late at all, in fact it's fairly normal for me, but pissing me off is when I have to interrupt this work for 6+ hours of stupid meetings.

:( that is lame. im glad i rarely have meeting at work.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems like many of my bad experiences over the last week have involved cheese. Just now I went to Jimmy John's and ordered a #5 without cheese. You will never guess what they included in the sandwich. (Yes you will, unless you are very bad at context clues.)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Seems like many of my bad experiences over the last week have involved cheese. Just now I went to Jimmy John's and ordered a #5 without cheese. You will never guess what they included in the sandwich. (Yes you will, unless you are very bad at context clues.)

Do you suffer from a lactose problem?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads