Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Yes, I do. Maybe as a medical professional of high standing you could give me some advice about managing my lactose problem?

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Abstinence would be the best path in this particular instance.

3. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

FTFY

4. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Bread?

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

good luck with your mother, Larry.

by the way, those hospitals are my bread and butter.

my mom is alive and well, but her ability to reason comes and goes. I've had 3 or 4 arguments with her in the past 3 days about

1. taking her shopping
    2. her wallet (which I took away from her to keep her from spending like a drunken sailor)
    3. her going out on walks alone - the weather is changing now, and if she gets cought in the cold she could be in trouble. she has gotten lost in my nieghborhood and she can't use a cell phone. but of course she sees this as my trying to keep her locked up

seriously, you think having to deal with a crying child is bad, try talking to a crying mother when you try to talk rationally to her

I ended up growing my market 24% last year. I only got compensated for the first 8 %, and now I am in a huge hole for next year, pretty much guaranteeing that I won't make bonus next year. fuck. fuck. fuck. I am so fucking hosed. the problem was, I was so close at the end, and so I put out squeezers to get in more sales, and closed a huge amount of business in the last 2 weeks. now I am going to be worried about the whole next fiscal year. I haven't even started my year, and I am going to worried about it for the next fucking 12 months.

6. L'Incandescent

Aww come on Neo, that's the kind of advice a layman could have given. I was hoping for advice that called upon your specialized knowledge. (Unlike certain others here, I do not doubt that you have that knowledge.)

Yes, they included bread in my sandwich! They must have been in a mood or something. (Women sometimes get in moods, and it was a woman who made my sandwich.)

I think I have a mighty constitution. I can't have cheese, I'll grant you that, but no man should want to consume cheese in the first place.

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

listen to neo, he is a top medical mind, you know.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

first - I'm sorry to hear about your mom, we're not far behind you with the MIL, who's 3rd generation Alzheimers. We dealt with it re: HER mom and it took a major toll on the family.\\

Second - what kind of sales wizard are you that overshoots his target by 15% in the last two weeks? Good heavens!

9. globetrotter

thanks - I might end up picking your brain on fb. I am feeling at a loss for ideas

10. in stitches

GT - dont really have much to say about your mom, except that my heart goes out to you. that is really crappy, to say the least.

i have faith in you, you will hit the numbers.

11. globetrotter

thanks - its a hard time. if she were totally gone, it would be horrible, but clear in a way. now, I am faced with fighting with her for her own good, and it really is tougher than anticipated

12. in stitches

that is really rough. its a hell of a fight to have, trying to convince your parent what is best for them. my grandfather had parkinsons. kind of the opposite, his mind was totally there, but physically he was a mess.

he could barely communicate verbally, he didnt like using the large paper graph-sheet to spell out words, and i dont blame him, for a man as bright as he was i can only imagine the frustration of spending 10 minutes on one sentence when he had paragraphs to share. and he was very reluctant to use a walker or a cane. it was a very rough 8 years or so. its painful for me to even think about it.

still, as hard as that was, and as much clarity as it lacked, and every day was a stresser, i wish i still had him. :(

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  13. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Have you taken your mom to see a neuropsychologist? You might want to get a baseline test done, it will be helpful down the road to see if there has been any change or progression. It will also help you to figure out if she simply has age-related memory loss, rather than Alzheimer's or something else.

My mom has some weird sort of early onset dementia - not Alzheimer's, but it has some things in common with it, and I can totally relate to the sense of cognitive dissonance you get from having to parent your own parent. Good luck.

14. in stitches

my EIGHT YEAR OLD daughter wants the following things.

lunch bag
    knapsack
    shoes
    boots

total cost - $350

last year, that would have cost max $60.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

she is cramping my style!!! i can only afford for one person in this family to be constantly buying things i can not afford.

15. L'Incandescent

I do not need to mail things very often--maybe once or twice a month. Every time I need to mail something, I have to search all over my condo for my stamps. Why is that? Because I am too god damned stupid to put the stamps in the same place after I use them. Every month I get seriously pissed off about this. You'd think that would motivate me to learn. But it doesn't because I am a moronic piece of shit who cannot do what a god damned ten year old can do.