• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I hate the "civic duty" party of my employment contract. I hate being a known member of the community. I hate that the preceeding two points require I go to dinners that "honour" people. I hate when those dinners are on a Tuesday night, last until 9:30pm, have ****** food, NO ******* BOOZE and are for someone I rather loathe.

I also hate 16 hour days...which that eff'ing dinner made my Tuesday into.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hate the "civic duty" party of my employment contract. I hate being a known member of the community. I hate that the preceeding two points require I go to dinners that "honour" people. I hate when those dinners are on a Tuesday night, last until 9:30pm, have ****** food, NO ******* BOOZE and are for someone I rather loathe.

What kind of job are you doing?

Politician , Mayor?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Jeebus, Piob.
Move back to Canada.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, wtf is up with pedestrians who think they don't have to look both ways on a one-way? There could be bike-salmon, there could be somebody reversing for a parking spot, there could be a 90 year old man driving the wrong way. Just look both ******* ways and don't step out in front of somebody.
As an occasional after-dark bike commuter (well...in the winter I guess leaving at 5:00 makes you an after dark commuter), I want to punch ******* joggers who go out on the path wearing all black. Didn't their parents teach them anything? Wear something light and/or reflective if you're going to be in a poorly lit space after dark. Or get a damn blinky light for your shoes or something--its not like you are against running with electronics since you have some earbuds in your ear cranked loud enough that you can't hear anyone else sharing the path with you.
I guess by that metric I also want to punch cyclists who ride on the lakefront path at night in dark clothes with no lights. You can get perfectly awesome knockoff knog blinky lights from deal extreme shipped for like $5. I keep a pair on my commuter bike that I have permanently attached by looping a bunch of thread through a hole I drilled in the plastic--sure someone could still steal it, but they would need something sharp and it hasn't happened yet (and if it does, I will still have gotten 2 years of service out of a $5 set of lights).
Man...I think I just hate people.

Actually the cyclist was following traffic in my story. The guy just assumed that since traffic was near standstill that he could cross without looking at all. Lucky the cyclist had some room to swing wide.

I've learned that those delivery guys on bikes NEVER follow the traffic or bike path rules, therefore I ALWAYS look both ways when crossing a street in NYC. Those F***ers ride on sidewalks quite a bit too. I cannot stand ANY cyclist actually riding on a sidewalk.

Last edited:

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

let's go into business then. Hours of operation are from 11-3 M-TH, 11-1 F. Sundays are scheduled mandatory "meetings" involving fine dinner, fine wine and whisky afterwards.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It didn't sound bad and I was going to tell you to shut up, but then I came to the no booze part. That is torture. Sounds like holidays at my parent's house.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

This sounds like my lobbying days. Except there was TONS OF ******* BOOZE. Which sounds great, unless you have to do it six days in a row and wake up at 6:30am every day.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm not a fan of this sort of thing either. It gets tiresome, and you soon start to resent that you could be at home or anywhere else with people you actually like and doing things you really enjoy.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've learned that those delivery guys on bikes NEVER follow the traffic or bike path rules, therefore I ALWAYS look both ways when crossing a street in NYC. Those F***ers ride on sidewalks quite a bit too. I cannot stand ANY cyclist actually riding on a sidewalk.

Not only that, ever seen when they bike on the road, against traffic? WTF is that ****? ******* bastards. I guess on a positive note, the idiots don't tend to use helmets, so the law of probability will catch up with them sooner or later.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Danish road traffic laws are set up, so it's always the drivers fault, if the hit a softer road user, even if the cyclists runs a red light and you are the fifth car entering the intersection on green, the worst part it's bye bye license, it you hit one in that situation.
Hate is not strong enough and the funny part is, that cyclists hate other all other cyclists especially when they are walking, the other day someone knocked another cyclist over, on purpose.
I had a woman yell at me while I was crossing a cross walk, the funny part was, that she was on the far side, so it had passed two lanes of traffic before I got near her and apparently it's was my fault that she had to brake. :laugh:

Yeah Japan and I believe Taiwan the laws are similar. **** rolls down hill from truck, car, motorbike, bike, pedestrian. However it is only the initial presumption of guilt if you can prove it was the softer road users fault you're apples. The old I didn't see him ploy doesn't work, if you didn't see him you weren't taking due care. Many cabs in Taiwan have cameras facing out at several angles, I assume it is for this reason. In Japan public servants can get the can if they cause a serious road accident.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's worse in driving down a semi-rural road in Florida and there's a black guy in dark clothing walking on the side of the road. Holy crap guys, wear appropriate clothing. If I'm ever traipsing around the artic, you better believe I'm wearing some dark clothing.

:lol:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Euphemism for Community Service Order?

What you do, break the no sausage in city limits ordinance?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really hate those people who put zero effort into style and dress, however think they are hot **** because they have a $20,000 watch. Somehow that one piece magically makes them God's gift to everything luxury.

:lol: in certain parts of the world these arseholes are legion!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics