• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fox cut out of the Texans game with 7 seconds left on the last play (Atlanta was in the redzone) and came back to the ongoing Cowgirls game. Makes me want to kick a dozen puppies.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Unscrupulous salesmen are driving me crazy. Whenever I go try on sportscoats , they never have my size so they always try to convince me that I should buy whatever poor fitting jacket they have in stock (almost always a regular length jacket that is about 2 inches too short), as if I'm too stupid to know the proper length of a coat. "Short is like the new style, yo..."

Last edited:

Spats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Unscrupulous salesmen are driving me crazy. Whenever I go try on sportscoats , they never have my size so they always try to convince me that I should buy whatever poor fitting jacket they have in stock (almost always a regular length jacket that is about 2 inches too short), as if I'm too stupid to know the proper length of a coat. "Short is like the new style, yo..."

Every time I bespeak a coat from A&S, the staff treat me with the utmost respect and integrity. You should give them a try next time you need a sport coat or lounge suit.

/MC

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've tried y'all's sweet tea, and I have to say that it is remarkably sugary, and your people seem to serve it in bucket-sized glasses. My teeth and kidneys ache when I see that much tea-flavored sugar syrup in one container. I don't know how you people sleep or avoid diabetes. And, given my ferocious sweet tooth, that is really saying something.

Oh yeah, it's basically like liquid rock candy. I wasn't kidding about the fat people. Good genetics and a decent diet allow me to indulge in a bit of sweet tea when I'm in the mood, but many of the folks I see swilling it at my favorite soul food restaurants were clearly not endowed with the same luck and restraint I enjoy.

I don't think there's anything the least bit unusual when I see people engaged in bitter disputes in MC about button stances or the precise degree of matchiness that's allowable between tie and PS. And yet I'm surprised at the level of animosity that can develop over disagreements about tea and the terminology that's appropriate to describe the various forms it can take! :happy:
(FWIW, I have no horse in the race. I've spent the vast majority of my life in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, and I'm not sure I even knew there was a beverage called sweet tea until I got to STL.)

:laugh:

I certainly didn't expect my first post to turn into a sweet-tea knowledge fest.

FWIW, I didn't think it was bitter, and I hope my fellow discussants didn't feel any hate coming from my direction.

Well, except for Fang. Given his recent work in DT and what seems to be general douchiness, I don't care if he felt some hate.

I am my own worst enemy. On Monday I was at the courthouse and I met this elderly woman and overheard her talking about her granddaughter's genuinely sad story about losing custody of her daughter due to a missed hearing and bla bla bla. I don't do family law, but I gave the woman my card and told her that I might be able to find someone to help her. After talking to the girl and reading the court files, it became pretty apparent that some really unfair **** had happened and that this little girl was going to suffer for it if something didn't get done quick. She has no money and Legal Aid didn't have any attorneys (which they never do for family cases. Their program there is constantly overwhelmed.
I guess you can figure out where this is going. This is literally the first family law case I have ever done and I have no guidance on it. I probably spent 25 hours this week teaching myself to handle a custody dispute and then learning through trial and error how the family courts work. I literally spent 8-5 today going from place to place trying to get a new hearing set.

It sounds like a hassle, but props to you for helping her. I never faced a custody dispute, but there were a lot of times my mother could have used someone like you when she dealt with my father. Unfortunately, you can't really afford to pursue child support enforcement when your options are "buy food" or "pay a lawyer." Someone like you would have been a godsend for us.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

FWIW, I didn't think it was bitter, and I hope my fellow discussants didn't feel any hate coming from my direction.

i was pretty hurt personally, thanks for smoothing this out.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ my man munch, a little late, but i have been meaning to say. once again you have proven to be a man of sterling character. you should be proud.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh yeah, it's basically like liquid rock candy. I wasn't kidding about the fat people. Good genetics and a decent diet allow me to indulge in a bit of sweet tea when I'm in the mood, but many of the folks I see swilling it at my favorite soul food restaurants were clearly not endowed with the same luck and restraint I enjoy.
:laugh:
I certainly didn't expect my first post to turn into a sweet-tea knowledge fest.
Well, except for Fang. Given his recent work in DT and what seems to be general douchiness, I don't care if he felt some hate..

Come on man the whole tea thing was supposed to be in jest, I didn't realise you were taking it so seriously, it is DTs afterall. As to my general douchiness yeah well sure you can beam me the hate for that.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Come on man the whole tea thing was supposed to be in jest, I didn't realise you were taking it so seriously, it is DTs afterall. As to my general douchiness yeah well sure you can beam me the hate for that.

fang, look up the top of the page mang. this is GC not DT. lol.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wife having fucked up the monthly finances yet again.

Did she forget to set aside $600 for your Creed Royal Original Cologne? :)
In the future, just remember to say "I feel the need--the need for Creed!"

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i was pretty hurt personally, thanks for smoothing this out.

Sorry, it was entirely my fault.

I totally meant to include you in the people I wanted to offend.

:devil:

Sincere apologies, then. I definitely misread your tone. I guess I just assumed your DT persona was less tongue-in-cheek than it is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads