Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

Mr Porter sale in full swing for weeks in the USA...us in the UK getting raped by our version of the site.

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Hypocondriac?

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

lulz, i know. it was a joak for harvey, but i doubt he remembers the drunk texts he was sending me to get it.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

they're giving out tickets to bikers in Prospect Park.

My wife and I rode in Prospect on Saturday and there were police stationed at each red light actually giving out tickets for:

• running red lights
    • not having bike bells
    • having visible penis/scrotum lines though tight spandex
    • going over 20mph

*one of these is a not an actual violation, but should be.

I understand there's been accidents with bikers bombing down the hill (I've personally gotten up to 40mph on it), but its a freaking park and now Prospect park has now become officially fucking lame.

The part that really irritates the shit out of me is that pedestrians still cross at their whim not using official crosswalks, and even will cross using crosswalks during don't walk flashing.

Luckily my wife and I had bike bells and were just riding leisurely so I didn't give a shit and just followed the rules.

I'm fucking pissed that now I have to drive out to fucking New Jersey or Upstate NY to actually be able to ride for more than 10miles and not have to stop.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

5. MrG

MrG Senior member

^^ I don't understand what's wrong with this. It sounds like the pedestrians are also in the wrong, but that doesn't exempt people on bikes from following safety rules.

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Fucking case of the Mondays.

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

there's nothing wrong with enforcing the laws.

what pisses me off is that Prospect Park used to be a place where you could get a great workout in on a bike as well as running. but because of a couple New York Post stories (that didn't explain who or what was in the wrong) about bike accidents at Prospect Park they now are "cracking down" and using valuable police manpower (there were police cars and extra policemen at each traffic light) to enforce not having a bell, going over 20mph, and running red lights (in a totally empty car-free pedestrian free park lane).

you can tell the police are pissed to have to enforce this as well. wouldn't they be better served actually doing real policework?

screw it... I'll just run in prospect.

8. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I didn't remember, but I checked back in my text history. I usually delete all texts the next morning but I was so badly hungover yesterday I never got around to it. And yes, I did text Stitchy with a quote from the Cider House Rules as he went to sleep.

9. in stitches

:slayer:

that was a funny convo harvel, good times.

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I'm a cyclist and I respect the rules...

If i'm in a park or a zone with children and animals I go slowly..

An accident can happen very quickly and I couldn't forgive if I do hurt a toddler or a child...

I do not know what kind of park you're talking about but safety is paramount even if it is a two ways thing....

People with children and especially dogs must also be careful and respect the rules themselves.

I had a little yorkie trying to bite my ankle when running....

I nearly kicked the little bastard in the head after 20 seconds...

11. MrG

MrG Senior member

Gotcha.

We have a pretty big biking population here, and there's a lot of "we want to be treated just like the people who drive cars" rhetoric that they don't seem to want to apply to things like speed limits and red lights. I thought maybe that was the case here, but it sounds like there's more to it than that.

I agree it's a two-way street (or bike path). I do my best to give cyclists a wide berth and respect their right to the road, but it drives me nuts when all of the equality talk gets thrown out the window as soon as there's an inconvenient red light. It's probably not the majority of cyclists, especially the serious ones, that cause the problem, but the ones who disregard the rules annoy me to no end.

Either way, cyclists probably have just as many legitimate gripes about others as the others do about cyclists.

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Cycling is dangerous by nature due to the total absence of protection..

Car and van drivers are giving us a tough time but like everything else, common sense and basic intelligence avoid most accidents...

My motto is never trust the other person to automatically do the right thing and be on your guard..

13. in stitches

+1

i dont mind cyclists (there arent many around the bmore area, but there are some), but that is one thing that pisses me off. when i see a dude riding in the middle of the street, between the cars doing all the turn signals and shit. and i let him be, even though he is going significantly slower than the cars. and then when the light turns red he pulls beside the cars, and busts through the light, and the cars going through the green light in the opposite direction. at that point i wanna just run him over. i wish i could say i have seen this less than a hundred times.

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

$150 spent on groceries... just for myself.

My car of 2 years finally broke down, so I borrowed my bro's truck. Tried parking it in a tight ass garage, broke the right mirror, $300 repair.

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Dude, what happened to flight school?