• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
we left my 4 year old twins with a baby sitter for 24 hours, while we took a short trip with my son....

the baby sitters didn't tell us this, as a matter of fact, they told us something totally diferent.

so, sure, hard to believe a 4 year old, but its also hard to believe that they could have made up so much detail, and also be able to tell details about ti when seperate.

now I am screwed - I really should fire the babysitter, but the kids like her, she does good work usually, etc. my wife is totally pissed off about this.

only because your kids like the girl and a good match is not always easy to find, i would sit the girls down and have a serious convo with them explaining what they did wrong. if you get the vibe they understand this serious lack of judgment and trust them not to do it again i would give them a second chance, but be keeping careful watch over the situation.

if however, you get the vibe that they are just another self absorbed, roll the eyes"whateveeer" type teenager i thinks they need the boot. for the sake of your kids safety

btw, ive noticed a lot lately it seems people respond to threads without reading anything posted before them in that very thread, even on page a 1 or 2 of a thread. it irks the hell out of me.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
zack, that is a **** situation.

we had something vaguely similar - I think i mentioned in this thread my wife's SS card and passport disappeared one Friday after the cleaning ladies were over. They were in a ziplock bag on the dining room table and when we came home the ziplock was there but the items were missing. we've had these housekeepers for a few years and they've been very trustworthy - my wife has jewelry out all the time and there's never been any question. it's been a month or so and we've literally looked everywhere, searching every night, looking behind cabinets, everything. finally my wife had to call the boss woman last night and ask if there had been anyone "new" and explain the situation. She super-duper soft-pedaled it but the implications were obvious. It didn't really go anywhere - there was nobody new - and now the boss lady is pissed at us for accusing her girls of stealing and my wife is pissed her stuff is gone and there's really nothing that can be done.

Also pissing me off today - wife's brakes were making noise, i was expecting to have to replace them this morning, but as usual got hit with the "your belts are dry-rotted and need replacing and also your brake fluid and transmission fluid are filthy and need replacing and you're overdue for an oil change" routine "but if you sign here i can have you in a loaner and on your way."

ffffuuuu.gif
there goes $1,500 two weeks before I close on my rehab financing.

Ouch that sucks.

But you'll be glad you changed the belt. The belt on my wife's wagon fell apart as I had both kids in the car and holy hell you'd have thought the world was ending. The car went into limp mode and lost the power steering completely, which would have made it impossible for the mrs. to drive. That was a rough afternoon.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
not really a pisser, but I just saw where someone I know and respect is in the hole with the IRS. A deep, deep hole.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
having an exam on the last day
frown.gif
everyone is out enjoying their last night of freshman year and I'm...studying philosophy.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
I'm...studying philosophy.

That's a good thing, seriously.

And I technically wasn't a philosophy major.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a philosophy minor. I actually really enjoy it, there's just other stuff I would rather be doing.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I hope you enjoy working at Burger King.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
having an exam on the last day
frown.gif

everyone is out enjoying their last night of freshman year and I'm...studying philosophy.

i got my last one tomorrow.

which reminds me i should be at home studying but im still at work. was supposed to leave at 8:00 but will be here at least another half hour
ffffuuuu.gif

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what class is it in? this exam would be so easy had I prepared before today. but I've been doing work for other classes...so it goes.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
^ I hope you enjoy working at Burger King.

At least he'll be able to be philosophical about it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what class is it in? this exam would be so easy had I prepared before today. but I've been doing work for other classes...so it goes.

acct 202. have only read 5 pages. gonna be a lot of reading tonight and tom morning.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
little bro walked into his house only to find some baddies already there with a barrel pointed at him.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
little bro walked into his house only to find some baddies already there with a barrel pointed at him.

Holy crap. Is he okay?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads