• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves update? paging Get Smart?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not going to be able to pull off those suits man, but they sure look nice!

smile.gif

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Kronik, I can make a 44. I went up to 42, and figured i'd see if there was any interest in 44 or even a 34
I'd be interested in a 34, definitely - probably in the 3-button.

Max

Reaction score
Balls. Now I have to save up $400 for my pseudobespoke suit.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get Smart you have read my mind! for the longest time ive been plotting to get a custom a one button peak lapel with OVERLAPPING ticket pocket (much like the ones paul smith sometimes make) im definitely gonna get one in black.its great that someone decided to market the same style suit ive had my heart set on for some time at a great price.
worship.gif

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
Get Smart you have read my mind! for the longest time ive been plotting to get a custom a one button peak lapel with OVERLAPPING ticket pocket (much like the ones paul smith sometimes make) im definitely gonna get one in black.its great that someone decided to market the same style suit ive had my heart set on for some time at a great price.
worship.gif

To me, this is the most striking feature of ToT's design. Should it be considered a Paul Smith mark, or do other designers do it? Is there any functional purpose (like how ticket pockets are traditionally positioned slightly in front to counter the visual illusion that they're farther back)? Would it be sacrilege if I sometimes wore it with the flap tucked in?
smile.gif

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive seen it in paul smith and was actually gonna buy it for 1400 onsale they only put this feature on their highest line which retailed for 2100. i only saw it one other time like 5 yrs ago on a 4you jacket.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-black -navy -charcoal -mid grey -steel blue grey -large prince of wales check -small prince of wales check -olive green-ish glen plaid -taupe glen plaid -black pinstripe -dark grey pinstripe -mid grey pinstripe -navy pinstripe -navy windowpane a few flannels: -black -olive/grey -**** brown -dark teal
Are you still sourcing the fabrics or is this the final list? If not, you might want to open this to discussion. For example, on SF midnight blue might sell better than black. And personally I'd prefer, um, chocolate brown.
tounge.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
this is basically the current offering. When I put the swatches up, it'll actually be editted down a bit (only grey pinstripe, no small PoW, etc). My main priority is trying to get some mohairs and tweed, but that may not happen until middle of the year...

re; overlapping ticket pocket, in my case, other than the fact I just like this aesthetically (and yes Paul Smith did this on a couple of his mainline collection suits)....because of the shorter jacket length, the pocket position is a bit higher (around the stomach, as opposed to the waist as on typical suits) and if the ticket pocket were positioned normally, it would end up way too high on the jacket. by overlapping, it still keeps its balance and line correctly. so there is some method to the madness.

I know SFers like 'midnight blue' but black is probably the singlemost popular color request I've gotten (not from forumites but real world folks). I can see the midnight blue that I want in my head, but havent seen it in real life yet.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
re; overlapping ticket pocket, in my case, other than the fact I just like this aesthetically (and yes Paul Smith did this on a couple of his mainline collection suits)....because of the shorter jacket length, the pocket position is a bit higher (around the stomach, as opposed to the waist as on typical suits) and if the ticket pocket were positioned normally, it would end up way too high on the jacket. by overlapping, it still keeps its balance and line correctly. so there is some method to the madness.
Thank you for the explanation!
I know SFers like 'midnight blue' but black is probably the singlemost popular color request I've gotten (not from forumites but real world folks). I can see the midnight blue that I want in my head, but havent seen it in real life yet.
I'm sure most of them didn't request a lot of your other enlightened design choices either.
tounge.gif
So just for conversation sake, if I wanted a SB TaT suit for clubbing and whatnot, what colour do you guys think it should be?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with the vilified black suit for clubbing. esp with the cut/design of the one button model...I can't imagine anyone mistaking you for the waitstaff or a funeral director.

otherwise, I have a preference for grey, since it's so neutral you can amp it up with a bright shirt, or keep it simple and classic with a white shirt. and it can go with brown shoes, black shoes, or burgundy shoes just as easily which makes it very versatile to go from day to nite and dress up or down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads