• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

These Aldens With What Color Suit?

Lawman

Reaction score
Guys, I love these Aldens. Most of my suits are shades of grey, tending toward the dark. I do have three or four blue suits, and three in shades of brown, and I know they'd work with these shoes. My thought is that these would not work with charcoal or darker greys/stripes. Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only wear that shoe color during the spring/summer and with light colored suits

light gray, khaki, cream... never with darker ones.

but Italians at the mediterranean traditionaly wear them with blue suits

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd wear those w/ a any sort of blue suit or most grey suits. Shoes like that are a good way to summerize (a bit) a dark suit.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are Alden 911 right? I have a pair on the way. I plan to wear them with almost anything.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Those are Alden 911 right? I have a pair on the way. I plan to wear them with almost anything.

They look especially good with either navy or charcoal suits. +1

Lawman

Reaction score
They're so good looking that I just may have to find out first hand how they look with just about everything!

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i saw a guy wearing a similar color with a navy pinstripe...looked pretty nice. and they are really nice looking...where did you get them if i may ask? and how much? maybe a link? =]

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
I only wear that shoe color during the spring/summer and with light colored suits

light gray, khaki, cream... never with darker ones.

but Italians at the mediterranean traditionaly wear them with blue suits

I agree with this more traditionally English and Northern European viewpoint. The American have been sartorially conquered by the Italians and are predictably recommending dark suits year round with such suits
plain.gif

However, brown shoes with a dark suit never, never will be conservative business dress!

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps not. However, if one wears the combination with a bold shirt or tie, it can look good. But, please, not a black suit
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads