• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Young and Hungry

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually got the red one, just trying to work out how to put in the order. They sent me the Paypal info, I gotta figure who they're sending it through.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sipang did you want the red one?

I don't know, maybe. I'd have to try it on first, might be a bit short for me. Don't really need more knits though, more interested in shirts and trousers stuff

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I actually got the red one, just trying to work out how to put in the order. They sent me the Paypal info, I gotta figure who they're sending it through.

oh you :satisfied:

well if you get a chance please let me know what you think sipang. unless they carried 2 red knits i may pickup the gray/white.

Last edited:

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They actually only had 1 red knit n said they had two others greys on hold until the weekend or something, at first I wanted the grey but I need some color so I decided I wanted the red after they sent me that pick you posted.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, some old pics from Hostem, soldout though

LL

light grey merino & cashmere
Salesprice is 300€ VAT excl

sipang did you want the red one?

For the curious, still

So, nobody picked it up?

The KNIT#2 i s available since we are waiting for your answer.
Please let us know which color you would like to have so we can proceed.

We accept payments thru Paypal: [email protected]

The price would be 330€ shipping included.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Paris showroom invitation

PROJECT#1 - PROCEED

January 18th - 23rd 2013
10 am - 7pm

Galerie Martine et Thibault de la Châtre
4, rue de Saintonge 75003 Paris

Jan-Jan Van Essche is a menswear designer from Antwerp, Belgium.
He is a 2003 graduate from the Royal Academy of Fine Arts, winning several grand prizes including the prestigious Dries Van Noten award.

Jan-Jan Van Essche, unlike most designers, designs and produces one full collection a year,
he proposes the wearer annual wardrobes to be worn throughout the year by layering up and down,
adapting oneself to the seasons as they pass by.

In June 2010 he launched his first collection, COLLECTION#1 ‘YUKKURI', Japanese for 'taking it easy'.
A concept capturing the philosophy behind his approach to create contemporary fashion.
Since then he has successfully produced two annual collections, COLLECTION#2 - SATTA AMASSAGANA (2011) and COLLECTION#3 - IN AWE (2012)

And now, alternating with his annual wardrobes, Jan-Jan Van Essche will present PROJECTS.
Autonomous concepts claiming their own identity alongside his annual wardrobes,
emphasizing the philosophy of Jan-Jan Van Essche's personal view on menswear.

The Jan-Jan van Essche aesthetic can be perceived as one influenced by all of the world’s corners,
blending together in a discrete symbiosis of western and ethnic traditions in fashion.
The combination of his particular but natural loose forms, refined patterns and usage of natural colors are important keys in the Jan-Jan Van Essche story.
A story encouraging universal freedom to the wearer of his garments.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another Nigerian designer, this time based in New York.​

From his most recent collection:
Villagetour.

A Nigerian in the south of France.
Villagetour is a play on Villegiature, the grand holiday resort circuit in the south of France up until the 1920's.
The colors are taken from the hazy, yet luminous pallette of a summers eve in Arcachon. .
The form of the collection considers The casual formality of 1920 seaside resort wear and the restrained exhuberace of Igbo ceremonial wear,infused with a jolt of the vibrant utility of surf wear.​

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, nobody picked it up?

The KNIT#2 i s available since we are waiting for your answer.
Please let us know which color you would like to have so we can proceed.

We accept payments thru Paypal: [email protected]

The price would be 330€ shipping included.

I picked up the grey one, it actually just came in today, unfortunately it might not fit me as I thought. Maybe suited better for someone taller and more slender frame or just someone taller, kinda sucks. If anyone's interested lemme know if not ill see if I can talk to solar shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads