• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@grizzlybear

2B32ABC8-29F7-4031-90AF-498C6A225389.jpg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just arrived here. Is this the good thread for our outfits and share advices about it?
I'm a bit confused with the separation between classic and streetwear, which I think I got but I may not got as I think I got it... Hum... is there any chance someone understand that?

I like what I see here, despite f.lux ruining the colors of my screen ?

Hey there, welcome! This is the place to post outfits and get critique/feedback on them. When you do, please be specific in what you are looking for, and also let us know your thought process.

Classic menswear WAYWT has two elements: folks that wear traditional tailoring every day, and the Casual thread, where they show what they wear when not wearing suits. This is still fairly traditional, but can get interesting.

This is the streetwear section where a lot of different styles go. Anything from goth ninja tech wear, to goth ninja drapey, to Japanese oversized, to head-to-toe NMWA.

The best way to figure it out is just to browse the pages and see what you vibe with. Then post a pic, we'll let you know how you're doing.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
+1.

Or alternatively, just explore what you like to wear and show it off. this is not just a plead for help thread. some of those i hold in high regard only know how to be themselves.
-you don't have to like someone's clothes, to respect and enjoy how They like them.

welcome.

Karai

Reaction score
Hey there, welcome! This is the place to post outfits and get critique/feedback on them. When you do, please be specific in what you are looking for, and also let us know your thought process.

Classic menswear WAYWT has two elements: folks that wear traditional tailoring every day, and the Casual thread, where they show what they wear when not wearing suits. This is still fairly traditional, but can get interesting.

This is the streetwear section where a lot of different styles go. Anything from goth ninja tech wear, to goth ninja drapey, to Japanese oversized, to head-to-toe NMWA.

The best way to figure it out is just to browse the pages and see what you vibe with. Then post a pic, we'll let you know how you're doing.
Thanks Troika, I think I got it ;)
Tailoring isn't really for me as my style is something around casual and streetwear, so I will begin to post my outfits here. I think that the classic part may be interesting for my work outfits that may be more well-dressed than what I usually wear.

+1.

Or alternatively, just explore what you like to wear and show it off. this is not just a plead for help thread. some of those i hold in high regard only know how to be themselves.
-you don't have to like someone's clothes, to respect and enjoy how They like them.

welcome.
Thanks also Thrift Vader. To be honest I would really like to know how to dress like myself but I have a long journey to it ?

Well then let's go! I'll try to explain where I am in my style journey. As a kid I wasn't interested at all with clothes, but I developed a kind of taste for it I think something like 10 years ago. I was really imprecise (and not always of good taste) but well, we all start somewhere. Few years after that, I read a lot of advises blog where they tell you how to mix colors, build an outfit, choose good quality clothe and all that kind of stuff. So it became really thinky, maybe with a bit of overthink and I dressed fitted with a casual-chic style. This year I gain some weight (not really a fat gain but I think it's the period where the male body get thicker from everywhere... almost ;)) so I get some distance with that and try now to go back to a more relaxed fit, comfier also and with a style between casual and streetwear. I also really enjoy what the japanese fashion brings, even if for the moment I don't really have japanese influences.

Sorry for the novel and without any blabla my yersteday outfit. It's a casual look, chill as I like it, build around a shirt I really like for its temperamental color and its regular cut. I calmed it with an olive parka and I like the way the colors complete each other.

1570279152-2019-10-05-1-copie.jpg
1570279153-2019-10-05-2-copie.jpg

1570279152-2019-10-05-4-copie.jpg
1570279152-2019-10-05-3-copie.jpg

I'm ready for the critique, no need to be indulgent (but for my English, you can :p), if this is bad I can take it and more important I need to know it! I think sharing outfits here with people with different tastes and experience than I'm used to can really be enriching. I would also enjoy sharing my opinion about your outfits but I don't really feel legit about it so I won't do it (for now) ^^

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Pangolin i love the ERKNs. I have two pairs now and if the pony hair or brown suede pair gets picked up in the US market I’ll be getting a 3rd and 4th pair.
The 002 fit a full size small. I’m a US 12 and wear a UK10. That’s the only style I have but I did also try the Chelsea’s he did for CHCM but they are TTS so I couldn’t get a pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads