• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zxcvbn

Reaction score
I just checked the GQ style manual and, yup, he's right. A sharp, well fitting button down shirt with the cuffs rolled up is a great way to add class and sass to any tattooed man.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But what do tattoos add to the man already wearing a sharp, well-fitting button-down shirt with the cuffs rolled up?

hennree

Reaction score

shard / geller / carpe

Are these the gellers you recently picked up from ebay? Turned out well!

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the tattoo of? It almost looks like one of Doctor Octopus's tentacles.

Nailed it!

But really, I draw them for myself/others. They're basically just doodles.

I don't judge people that get sentimental tattoos, it's just not for me. I think of them more as decoration. I usually start with the location and try to come up with something I think will look interesting in that spot when it lays down (drawing something flat that will exist in 3 dimensions is a challenge). I also like to think about the way they'll move once they're on a body. I always prefer heavy black ink to color, though there are nice colored ones out there.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

IMO, when you have one tattoo on one arm, you cannot wear a sleeveless shirt unless you are in or heading to or from the gym.

boots and pants look sweet, though.

Ok, so let's say I'm going to the gym directly from home, I'm rocking a sleeveless shirt, and it's all good. What if I want to stop at the grocery store on my way home from the gym? Should I bring with extra sleeves and maybe a staple gun to secure the sleeves just in case? I only have a tattoo on one arm, so do I only need a sleeve (or maybe both sleeves) on that arm, or should I cover both arms? When I leave the store to go home, is it ok to remove the sleeves again because now I'm going home from the gym (albeit indirectly), or am I still sleeve-bound because my last stop was at the store and people might not know I was at the gym before I went to the store?

But what do tattoos add to the man already wearing a sharp, well-fitting button-down shirt with the cuffs rolled up?

Assuming this is a riddle...ink?

Last edited:

Neognosis

Reaction score
of course not, you just go about your business.

But you will just look silly in some people's opinion.

Which you might not care about, and more power to you for that.

I certainly don't put much into other people's opinions.

But in posting a photo on this thread, it's implied that opinions are being sought.

So i gave one.

Nobody seems to agree, and that's fine too.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sinnedk - I'd either swap the shoes for chunkier boots, or swap the jeans for a slimmer legged solid indigo/black. Either would work.

yea but black jeans would of been boring. i get the point though

what sinned is missing the most is any intuition for combining these pieces. Its an incongruent mixture of a bunch of SF approved items.

Not true. The outfit just needed adjustments to be sf approved. I posted cuz i was wondering what i should change and i got some good feedback.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

of course not, you just go about your business.

But you will just look silly in some people's opinion.

Which you might not care about, and more power to you for that.

I certainly don't put much into other people's opinions.

But in posting a photo on this thread, it's implied that opinions are being sought.

So i gave one.

Nobody seems to agree, and that's fine too.

I really wanted this to rhyme. Then I read it. It didn't rhyme. Wtf man

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll just say that when I see someone with a small amount of ink and a sleeveless shirt,I think it detracts from the clothing itself and changes the feel of the look. 

I only meant to let you know that when you get a tattoo, it changes how clothes look on you. 

It depends on the tattoo itself. Some tattoos enhances the whole outfit look for the better. Not always for the worse.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Melon, that jacket is sick. great color. Other kicks would elevate the fit, imo, but still looks fine with those.

Art, did you cut the sleeves on that tee or did you make a sleeveless version for yourself? I checked your store and could only find tees.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad