The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattt

mattt Senior member

Thank god I quoted this and read the part in white, I was about to pull a xenox. Lets just say everyone I know into fashion who used to be into hardcore or metal are usually some of the best dudes to talk to and the few ones who AREN'T socially awkward.
    Of course there are a lot of cool guys, but for every one there are 5 virgins who live in their parents basements arguing with people on the internet over what subgenre of black metal some Norwegian band is.

2. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I think you and I have a VERY different definition of "metal" dudes. you are thinking of mall metal kids I take it?

3. mattt

mattt Senior member

Those are the worst, but I mean most 'metal elitists'. I was in a metal band, been to countless metal shows (such as suffocation, decapitated, opeth, dark tranquillity, hypocrisy, etc, not mall goth stuff), so I have some experience with the type of people associated with metal. Usually they are outcasts of society, and their outright expression of their love for metal is just plain embarrassing as it is pretty much the only identity they carry. There are those who are friendly, outgoing, cool, accepting, but MANY are awkward, close minded, pathetic.

4. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

What's scary is you don't tend to meet the socially inept. Imagine it like an iceberg.

5. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

The newer generation of metal bands are like jocks, imo. They shop at trader joes, love their fathers, etc.. That might be what scott is talking about?

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

The newer generation of metal bands are like jocks, imo. They shop at trader joes, love their fathers, etc.. That might be what scott is talking about?

Jocks shop at Trader Joes and love their fathers?

7. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

Well adjusted, I guess. Not adding the title "count" in any stage names in any case

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Lets just say everyone I know into fashion who used to be into ska are usually some of the best dudes to talk to and the few ones who AREN'T socially awkward.
    FTFY. In my experience, at least.

9. Nouveau Pauvre

FTFY. In my experience, at least.

If you mean people who were in to ska over the age of 11, dear god I hope you are kidding.

10. GraphicNovelty

If you mean people who were in to ska over the age of 11, dear god I hope you are kidding.
    I was into ska until i was like, about 15 or 16. My best memories from high school are from going to ska shows. (0)

11. Nouveau Pauvre

I was into ska until i was like, about 15 or 16. My best memories from high school are from going to ska shows. (0)

Alright fine I will give you till 16 assuming you are a little older then me.

My best high school memories are going to see the Hold Steady.

12. GraphicNovelty

Alright fine I will give you till 16 assuming you are a little older then me. My best high school memories are going to see the Hold Steady.
    I was into it way after it wasn't cool anymore (i'm currently 22). But that wasn't why people were into it anyway; it was about nerdy kids having fun and dancing and not worrying that you were listening to what everybody acknowledged was a a shitty, played-out genre of music, because that wasn't really what it was about. And, considering it was north jersey, the alternative was screamo, which I could neither take as seriously as it took itself, nor could I enjoy watching all that much.

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

14. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

Needs friend and bows.

[​IMG]

quoted one more time for awesomeness

15. Simion505

Simion505 Senior member

I know one friendly, open-minded, outgoing guy who likes all kinds of metal music. He dresses like a metal-loving cowboy.

All the others I know are close-minded elitist nerds adamant that all music sucks except metal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.