The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

2. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Trolls trolling trolls

this is pretty much where styleforum is at right now

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

this is pretty much where styleforum is at right now
    Holla that So many alt accounts its crazy Even 3 wolf moon is like "3Wolf? No guys I don't know what you are talking about. Here is some native american bling I might buy, what you think?

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Perhaps "those in the know" shall form a council + ivory tower from which they can grace the peasants with their unbridled knowledge

After all, you have to be completely immersed and infinitely knowledgeable about fashion to be able to tell if a shirt fits properly

Lol u guys

I'm sure if ppl agreed with u, but were equally clueless, you'd take no issue w/the same people's opinions. But since there's disagreement, it must be because people know nothing about fashion lol

I love this place

Give it a year then look back at yourself.

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Perhaps "those in the know" shall form a council + ivory tower from which they can grace the peasants with their unbridled knowledge

After all, you have to be completely immersed and infinitely knowledgeable about fashion to be able to tell if a shirt fits properly

Lol u guys

I'm sure if ppl agreed with u, but were equally clueless, you'd take no issue w/the same people's opinions. But since there's disagreement, it must be because people know nothing about fashion lol

I love this place

Well there are some people whose opinion I value more, is that abnormal or something?

6. Nil

Nil Senior member

I don't understand why it's so hard for some to recognize the fact that opinions by those who are vastly more knowledgable about fashion mean a hell of a lot more than someone who, as chrono said through jd, just copped APCs and an OCBD. If you're rocking Costco brand shirts, good for you and I may come to you for info on how to tailor a shirt but I'm not that interested in what you have to say about fashion. As with all other fields, experience trumps all.

7. telemark

telemark Senior member

Knowledgeable or deluded?

8. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

why is it that it's always the idiots who assume they're the smartest around? I guess it would take a smart person to recognize real intelligence/expertise.

9. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Lots of trolls lately.

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

why is it that it's always the idiots who assume they're the smartest around? I guess it would take a smart person to recognize real intelligence/expertise.

I don't think anyone said they were the smartest around and that includes the people I am disagreeing with...

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Knowledgeable or deluded?

case in point, someone deluded by workwear talking shit on designer

12. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

actually staying in bloomington, but we did have a nice afternoon in Indy.

literally live a stone's throw from the indy art museum. glad you enjoyed indy.

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

Even 3 wolf moon is like "3Wolf? No guys I don't know what you are talking about. Here is some native american bling I might buy, what you think?

hahaha I had the same thought

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

I don't understand why it's so hard for some to recognize the fact that opinions by those who are vastly more knowledgable about fashion mean a hell of a lot more than someone who, as chrono said through jd, just copped APCs and an OCBD. If you're rocking Costco brand shirts, good for you and I may come to you for info on how to tailor a shirt but I'm not that interested in what you have to say about fashion. As with all other fields, experience trumps all.

+++++++

I don't think any of them have come within 50 miles of anything nice. So easy to talk when you have no exposure.

15. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I hate to put myself on the same side of an argument with the dropkicks guy, but you are allowed to have an opinion on clothes without owning those clothes. Its a visual medium. Not saying its not worth knowing where an opinions coming from; just saying. Just bc you bought some drkshdw on yoox doesn't make you fashun expert either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.