• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

i've never worn this suit even though the (margiela) SA assured me it looked ok- the fit is just too far out of my tailored comfort zone. but one of parker's recent posts inspired me to embrace the slouch...

0KM9nl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZwKiPl.jpg[/QUOTE]

The styling of the suit is too aggressive and tailored to be worn sloppy and it looks tight over the hips

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not really about chosing 'slouch', more that the jacket and trousers are both slightly too long for this kind of cut. You can get both fixed fairly easily. Not sure about the fit of the upper part of the trousers as we can't see them very well.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What an odd cut. Aggressive and structured but slouchy at the same time. Leaning toward liking it, but I want to see that fit with boots or casual shoes (not sneakers) before I make a final judgment.

Last edited:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for comments, it is a strange cut: the top half is fairly structured while the trousers are low waisted and fall straight to a wide hem, so they can't really help but be sloppy. i tried to get my tailor to taper them a bit but he refused, saying it was so obviously the intention of the maker that it was pointless trying to alter them.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's how it's supposed to look. It looks kinda weird because it needs to be ironed / it's hard to distinguish good sloppy from bad sloppy in ****** pics.

pop-pe7-10-09.jpg

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, the perfect cut of suit to wear without a shirt.

I wonder if MMM will overnight it in time for my male stripper gig on saturday.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dig the general concept-- it's close to the way Margiela styles many of its own looks (oops, King Julian beat me to it)

hmFai.jpg
map3o.jpg

Def try it with derbies/boots. If it still looks weird I'd think about hemming the pants. Also, as per Teger's comment, how's it fit in the back? Are the vents splitting at all? Cause that would mean Game Over Instant Return :confused:

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are significant issues with the way that jacket fits though, but I know this tends to be a low-priority concern here so I'm not going to go all MC on you guys

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ yeah id like to know too. i mean i have tailored suits, and this appealed to me because of its 'anti-fit', but still interested to hear.
btw for those who mentioned there's no pull at vents/hips at all, if anything it's too big there. ****** pics don't help i know.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have a feeling I know what you're referring to, but spit it out anyway! I'm curious

The primary issue (which drives some of the other problems) is the overall balance and how it sits on the shoulders. Collar doesn't sit snug on neck, lapels are gaping open - it feels as if someone is pulling the jacket up and back and you feel compelled to grab the quarters and pull the whole thing down. That's virtually impossible to fix. First thing when trying a suit is to make sure the shoulders and neck fit, that the lapels lay flat against the upper chest. Then there's sleeves issues - large folds indicate that they need to be rotated, obviously they also need shortening. Jacket is also too long, particularly for this style and cut. Look where the hem falls vs the thumb and compare with these other lookbook pics above

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads