• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor

Reaction score
Attack of the tight jeans mark #2
23032010.jpg
23.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
not sure, I have my mom buy them at Costco for me with her membership. Got a big drawer full of them.. it might not even be hanes now that I think about it
Shoes are 44 in guidi size, which means 43 in normal sizing

edit: just checked the hamper, it's James Perse.. oops

lol, Hanes tees are literally $1 a piece, but I think Perse tees are like $30 or something aren't they? My KAG ex-roommate had a wardrobe that was 100% doubleknit and it was all James Perse and AA.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love those boots, are they PS? what model?

crappy iphone pic (+ mirror fell over):

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwied82
P3221343.jpg

trying something a little different for me... kinda like it but feel like something is a little off maybe. Either way, i'm wearing this out tonight, even if its not my best.

j. crew tie
thrifted vintage vest
th shirt
hl jeans
r&b belt
bikkembergs boots.

sup jt

00001f.jpg

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@robinson: No, just, no. Bad fit on pants, big blazer over tee, pants tucked into low tops??? Low tops DO NOT go with that blazer, swap tee for a buttondown.

@doctor: Whoaaaaaaa, flared shirt. Take that to a tailor or beat it up so it lies flat. Beautiful boots though.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Now this looks bad.

Im with the man. Oversized vest, most stupid **** in a while.

I wouldnt condone jwied´s timberlake-like casual dress vest either though.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The big vest looks plenty fun to wear, given his overall qwerkiness I think it works. The problem with wearing a vest proper is that it is so completely out of context, by having the vest be oversized or casual in another way (down for e.g seems to be a popular choice among workwear people), you remove this context.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
The big vest looks plenty fun to wear, given his overall qwerkiness I think it works. The problem with wearing a vest proper is that it is so completely out of context, by having the vest be oversized or casual in another way (down for e.g seems to be a popular choice among workwear people), you remove this context.

In other words, wear a vest with contextual associations other than timberlake wannabe or 3 piece suit. Or wear a dress vest in its right context.

A down vest has however nothing contextual in common with the dress vest to start with.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
PG, your style and pics are so consistent there isn't much for anyone to say at this point other than "yo, cool"
biggrin.gif

- but all plants need watering
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mellowfellow
Phat Guido. You're my hero. i hope to dress like you one day.
- I was never as cool as you when your age
Originally Posted by jwied82
trying something a little different for me... kinda like it but feel like something is a little off maybe. Either way, i'm wearing this out tonight, even if its not my best.
- I like

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not SW&D but thought some of 'youse' would be interested in my new project - NEW TAILOR!

A space with more light for QC..
8-79.jpg

Most Exerent.. - stage one accomplished
8-76.jpg

Raxxman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
@doctor: Whoaaaaaaa, flared shirt. Take that to a tailor or beat it up so it lies flat. Beautiful boots though.

I don't think the shirt is that bad tbf.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I grew up in a queenslander painted in heritage colors
worship.gif

I was wondering if anyone would recognise the architecture. Very astute
teacha.gif
Not sure what I think about the "ultra long legged" tucked look
Originally Posted by c00kz
How tall are you? They are definitely slim but there's nothing unflattering about it. When tucked they make your legs look crazy long, up to you to decide if you dig that.
Originally Posted by dls6128
He's something like 6'8 IIRC; it always surprises me at how proportional his WAYWTs are.
I'll play it safe and say 6'7". I don't tuck anymore. That was an old pic. My legs are psycho long (it's not an illusion) so I try to balance that out a bit by untucking and often wearing boots as opposed to shoes.
Originally Posted by Razele
I think that first pic is great for a basic SF fit. Looks good dude.
Thanks mate
smile.gif
Is it that bad? I have a few shirts that need to be fixed up in the same way (I always have this problem - too baggy at the waist), but I wasn't in a crazy rush because I thought it was a minor matter.
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
love those boots, are they PS? what model?
Nah, PS don't make my size. They're Loake Banks.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PG, thats my favorite yet, looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads