• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11revwl.jpg

Crescent Down Works
45 RPM
Filson
Tanner Goods
Uniqlo
Visvim

... and then Adam walked up out of nowhere.

125ib0i.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kixslf
http://i52.tinypic.com/11revwl.jpg[/IG]

Crescent Down Works
45 RPM
Filson
Tanner Goods
Uniqlo
Visvim

... and then Adam walked up out of nowhere.

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/125ib0i.jpg[/IM][/I]

kix you've finally started looking decent since that haircut [IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/images/smilies/satisfied.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Early Morning Pics: Grey Flannel
Now this IS too long by about an inch. Or maybe it's the angle. hmmm...
Today: Washed out photos.
plain.gif
Wearing back-up glasses and the shortest coat I own.
5205026951_83d2f3c890_z.jpg
5205028377_24d49f0e06_z.jpg
5205625750_a819136a21_z.jpg
5205028719_daba806e03.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wait a second, what happened to "Jacket should hit second knuckle of the middle finger"? That barely hits the metacarpophalangeal (yeah, I'm going to get my mileage out of that one)

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Man I really hate no-break on pants.

I agree with this statement very strongly.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I have one suit that's no break whatsoever and a few that are barely any and show sock. Can't stand multi break on suit pants. On other pants it sort of depends. However Luft's are more than just no-break, they're about an inch from break.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kit. This is the shortest coat I own. It hits about where my palm ends and my finger begins, about an inch shorter than the "rule." I am on the fence as to whether or not its too short for my preferences, but it's not so short that I won't wear it. @Anti No Break Squad - with a slim trouser as this, I prefer little to no break. This photo is also a good example of why robot pose is better for fit critique purposes. When I am not moving, these trou are perfect no break length, IMO. Photo for reference. Same trou.
5205798650_abb3fafa61_z.jpg

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Huh. Perhaps that's the difference between MC and SW&D WAYWT. The former focuses on minute critiques, I suppose in search of some objective perfection, while the later is more about (perhaps?) building a fantasy through the presentation of the clothing. I'm mostly talking here about the posing and detail shots (and lack thereof in SW&D). Or maybe it's just that the fantasy that most MCers want to live in is boring and conservative.

This is kind of like a captain obvious post, but still.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
You are fits suck. You are face suck. You are body suck. You're suck.
context makes this 100% better, but it's going in the sig anyway.
Originally Posted by thekunk07
omfg i though db meant douchebag. not that he is, but i thought you were calling him a douchebag. I lol'd.
lol8[1].gif
Originally Posted by hobojones
I'm not sure why everyone's been so critical towards the MC guys. I find both UrbanComposition's and Luftvier's fits to be perfectly fine. And definitely not worthy of being called "bizarre". Though I guess I lean more towards their aesthetic.
confused.gif
Meh, what do I know though.

I dunno, UC has been pretty good feedback other than this hip-flaring DB, and luft has understandably been getting more criticism. and you're right that their fits are fine, for the most part, but they're not gonna get 100% positive comments w/ that.
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Man I really hate no-break on pants.
it just works better w/ the lack of break on sleeves, cleanness of lines, etc elsewhere in the usual MC fit imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads