• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
wow, nice. Luckily you have that kind of high school jock look going on...as per the attitude shown in your write up. unfortunately i'd look a right dick in something like this.

**** here it is again.

People, YOU CAN WEAR A LEATHER JACKET.

they're really not that difficult.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
**** here it is again.

Eh... Gonna have to disagree with you, but only a little bit.

Yes, you can wear a leather jacket, physically. But sometimes... it just comes off so wrong, it hurts. Depending on the style, the cut, and the balls of the wearer.

stinger70

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ideefixee
Eh... Gonna have to disagree with you, but only a little bit.

Yes, you can wear a leather jacket, physically. But sometimes... it just comes off so wrong, it hurts. Depending on the style, the cut, and the balls of the wearer.

Yeah thats my feeling. I might get one at some point but it will be the bomber style. This one with the zips and stuff isnt going to look right unless you have the build and attitude to back it up.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let me rephrase: If you like something, get the clothes to wear with it and you can pull it off.

With any TOJ, that's simple. The designs are pretty classic with an updated cut. A double rider jacket is not a RO highneck or some crazy wash Julius.

For any TOJ leather, all you need is a tee, decent fitting jeans and some slim boots or sneakers.

RO: fine you might need some other stuff down that aesthetic.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
^ Ok, agreed. If you want leather, man up and change some of your wardrobe/style to match it.

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Yes, and there is an odd sense of old-man formalism in Surreal's fit that extends beyond solely the shirt.....

3. Shirt tucked into jeans

Seems that alot of people here generally dont like shirt tucked into jeans.
I actually do it somewhat often myself, and think with certain shirts/jeans i have it works better than untucked. I don't know, i think ive gotten mostly positive feedback when ive posted fit pics here with shirt tucked into jeans.

Originally Posted by hendrix
**** here it is again.

no ****... found that kinda odd coming from stinger because it seems like a leather jacket could easily fit in with what he wears.

Originally Posted by stinger70
Yeah thats my feeling. I might get one at some point but it will be the bomber style. This one with the zips and stuff isnt going to look right unless you have the build and attitude to back it up.

bomber would probably work well for you. maybe the DR wouldnt be best, but a leather jacket in general shouldnt be hard.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but leathers are NOT for everyone. Can any of you honestly imagine me in a leather? I look dumb as **** in them.

8416_647505059390_187901100_39538321_1382406_n.jpg

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I'm sorry but leathers are NOT for everyone. Can any of you honestly imagine me in a leather? I look dumb as **** in them.

8416_647505059390_187901100_39538321_1382406_n.jpg

rick owens is sad
frown.gif

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was too, it's my friends and I tried it on for giggles. I'm just saying that it's true, not everyone can look good in leather, some people are just not bad asses, myself especially.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I was too, it's my friends and I tried it on for giggles. I'm just saying that it's true, not everyone can look good in leather, some people are just not bad asses, myself especially.

just keep rocking your junya americana workwear. you do it well
smile.gif

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

me too
frown.gif

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer to think of it as quirky americana, hate workwear. But thanks dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads