The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seany

seany Senior member

Dls6128, this is my fit pic....too much J.Crew workwear? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. snake

snake Senior member

The last thing this forum needs is more groupthink. I'm not going to dress like Uncontrol, SoCal or sq4you but at least I get to see a fit with something other than J.Crew workwear lookbook pics. Even for people who wear relatively conventional clothing (myself included) there's a lot to learn from those alternative styles.

well said

3. snake

snake Senior member

Nah, you've got to be wearing a half-zip sweater over that chambray with a pair of relaxed cargo shorts to make it into their catalog these days. (0)

4. seany

seany Senior member

[​IMG] Good looks snake.

I don't really hate the J.Crew look, I just hate flannel + raw denim + boot look now. It's overdone IMO.

5. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

lol, a lot of fierce tempers in this thread today, good reading

6. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

uhhhh
    1 plate = 135, 1 plate on each side of a 45 lb bar.
    Dls6128, this is my fit pic....too much J.Crew workwear? [​IMG]
    casual/tie (not casual tie) fail. tuck in the shirt or lose the tie. Try using it as a garrote to kill Kent Money. (Or if you're going fanfic, use it as a gag while you hold him down on the loading dock floor with your muscular forearms)

7. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

The last thing this forum needs is more groupthink. I'm not going to dress like Uncontrol, SoCal or sq4you but at least I get to see a fit with something other than J.Crew workwear lookbook pics. Even for people who wear relatively conventional clothing (myself included) there's a lot to learn from those alternative styles.

I'd take a slightly different line, and say that it's always interesting/enjoyable to see contributions from anyone with a definite vision, reasonable ability to pull it off, and decent photographs.

It's perfectly fine to see contributions from those lacking in one or two of those areas (hi), as well, even if it's not very notable. Looking at pictures doesn't take very long, and I like the idea of people posting pictures as a natural part of participating in the forum. Provides context.

I mean really, what's the harm people posting whatever they feel?

The only thing that I think is actively bad are things that are just across-the-board lame. The why-are-you-here pictures. Cell-phone shots of badly-sized J. Crew, taken in a dirty mirror.

8. otter

otter Senior member

The last thing this forum needs is more groupthink. I'm not going to dress like Uncontrol, SoCal or sq4you

especially sq4you

9. saelan

saelan Senior member

First waywt since I migrated over here from sufu a while back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

h&m toque
    W+H mk-2
    NDG scarf
    EG chambray
    dunderdon sweater
    hope chinos
    vintage RL moc-toes

10. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

especially sq4you

I only remember one of his fits (black margiela knit and lanvins) but it looked pretty nice to me. Don't know the hate[​IMG]

11. DLester

DLester Senior member

thks snake and sq4you

lol, a lot of fierce tempers in this thread today, good reading

the shit is hilarious

the random thoughts thread has also gotten unusually random today. The latest page is a gold mine of free association lunacy.

12. otter

otter Senior member

I only remember one of his fits (black margiela knit and lanvins) but it looked pretty nice to me. Don't know the hate[​IMG]

valid point

maybe its the residual resentment as my wife is depriving me of backdoor romance lately

13. seany

seany Senior member

1 plate = 135, 1 plate on each side of a 45 lb bar.

casual/tie (not casual tie) fail. tuck in the shirt or lose the tie. Try using it as a garrote to kill Kent Money. (Or if you're going fanfic, use it as a gag while you hold him down on the loading dock floor with your muscular forearms)

It's impossible to pull off a tie w. a shirt untucked ? Just asking, cause for the most part I hate tucking in my shirts and thought the chambray should be given a more relaxed look. Thanks for the info though Eason. Your looks are always spotless.

14. otter

otter Senior member

seany, its always best to avoid the use of flash as it makes great fits look mediocre

15. saelan

saelan Senior member

i'm also pretty opposed to a tie with an untucked shirt. i think you can get away with undoing your top button from time to time, but if the collar's a BD and you're wearing a tie, I think you'll want to keep it buttoned down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.