• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the one of my big problems with Govberg...I don't mind building up a purchase history to get a high demand piece, but they dont have ANY brands that really interest me aside from Rolex and Patek

That's a big problem with a lot of Rolex ADs. They want you to buy a lot of other merchandise before they will sell you what you want, but most of the other products they carry aren't of any interest. If you are interested in buying a Rolex or Patek, why do they think you'd be interested in buying some Shinola watches or jewelry you can get at an average mall jeweler? Want me to buy other stuff, carry some really good brands!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
imho this chanel from that philips auction is really sweet

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 12.47.04 PM.png

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a big problem with a lot of Rolex ADs. They want you to buy a lot of other merchandise before they will sell you what you want, but most of the other products they carry aren't of any interest. If you are interested in buying a Rolex or Patek, why do they think you'd be interested in buying some Shinola watches or jewelry you can get at an average mall jeweler? Want me to buy other stuff, carry some really good brands!

yea, the other AD in my area is the one that I've put most of my hopes into...they carry nice jewelry plus JLC, IWC, Cartier, Tudor, etc

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rolex disagrees with you. How else would you know that you have a:
Rolex
Oyster Perpetual
Superlative Chronometer
Officially Certified
Cosmograph

Daytona

How about

ORIGINAL GAS ESCAPE VALVE
ROLEX
OYSTER PERPETUAL
DEEPSEA CHALLENGE
SEA-DWELLER
36090ft = 11000m
SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER
OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED
SWISS MADE
RING LOCK SYSTEM

1669930096623.png

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-- Pricing is not very attractive...

Chrono24 average for the 116710LN is about $18K US so a couple thousand dollar premium to buy at an AD. Not as bad as I thought. At first glance I thought 16700EU was crazy but it's not outrageous.

Note, just one model that caught my eye because I have one. I didn't check the others.

bucherer.jpg

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Rolex CPO thing is going to lead to some interesting conversations :

Customer- Hi, I’d like to buy a black dialed Daytona!

Dealer- Sorry, we won’t get a new one for another year and there are 20 people in line ahead of you. But you’re in luck, we just got a CPO model in and it’s only $30k..

Customer-:oops:
I believe you call it a CPO-NIB special.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone already mentioned this, but the new Rolex CPO allows buyers to form an AD “relationship” within the brand from the get go - perhaps eliminating the pressure to buy other brands in the store? ADs might not like where this leads, of course…

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Visible screws _on the dial_ for the date window on an otherwise “minimal” design? Yuck! Two thumbs down!

hm ? what about this design is *minimalist* to you ?

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hm ? what about this design is *minimalist* to you ?
Ok. Haha. NOTHING. Drop “minimal”. Nothing is minimal about the design. Now explain the hideous screws on the dial FOR THE DATE WINDOW.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now explain the hideous screws on the dial FOR THE DATE WINDOW.

no prob to explain , it's called honesty .

you do realize that no watches are made without screws i hope .

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no prob to explain , it's called honesty .

you do realize that no watches are made without screws i hope .
So you’re just not going to seriously address the point? Cool. It’s an incredibly ugly watch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics