• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine just picked this up preowned. Doesn't really get any cleaner unless he goes for L1 Timezone which costs 4x more.

“Clean” would not be the adjective I would choose to describe that dial. For me it’s a bit busy. A can certainly see the appeal but not the watch I would pick.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I, too, do not find a world timer to be useful. It may be the most beautiful complication. It is easy to find bad versions of anything but the great versions of a world timer transcend. AM55 posted a few but this vintage Tissot is my favorite.
View attachment 1838598
Always been a Cottier fan - to consternation of a few friends - but this is beyond! :inlove:

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“Clean” would not be the adjective I would choose to describe that dial. For me it’s a bit busy. A can certainly see the appeal but not the watch I would pick.

It's a worldtimer... again, only so many ways to slice a pie...

Even Omega comes up with something like this...

1664640045356.png

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unrelated note, I have had a weirdly bad time buying watches this year.

I think 3/5 of the watches I bought had some serious issue and required the watch being sent back. I don't mean it was scratched more than seller said or something like that...I mean outright not working. No big deal since everyone was good about sending me my money back and paying for shipping, but still a little tiresome and probably done for the year

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think it clunky, myself. Batons are too heavy; crown too protruding... GS have done better.

I would not (completely) disagree, generally speaking the indexes look somewhat large and chunky and the crown is a on the big side. Nevertheless the watch retains its balance and, as I see, it's part of Grand Seiko's heritage and aesthetics. That said, I don't deny that thinner and more refined indexes, only with a double one at 12, and a less protruding crown would look even better.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads