• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlairW

Reaction score
No it's not. Solo sucks and the XL sucks even more.
Why don't you say what you really think ;)
I'm a bit lost on all the Cartier Tank models TBH, I'm still looking for a rose gold dress watch and thought something like that might be a good option. Too big? I'm assuming the date window will get some hate as well, but I would personally want a date display on any watch I wear for business..

AeneasQuebecois

Reaction score
tried the white dial in a medium on today and it was pretty darn nice.

I tried on that one Sunday as well and I did quite like it, but the lume and date on the large make it much more attractive for me, even though I think the medium fits my wrist a bit better. Still, though, one could not go wrong either way.

AeneasQuebecois

Reaction score
I'm a bit lost on all the Cartier Tank models TBH, I'm still looking for a rose gold dress watch and thought something like that might be a good option.

Is there a Cartier boutique near you? If so, perhaps you could do what I did and simply go in or set up an appointment and tell them you like the Tank but are somewhat confused between all the different variations. (especially since, in my opinion, the Cartier website could use some more filter options.) I felt the same way about the Santos and after seeing them in person and trying on a few I understood the collection and what I wanted much better. I openly told them when I walked in that I was not planning on buying anything that day and they still were quite helpful and let me take my time and ask my questions, although your mileage may vary.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The date window sucks. The size is terrible. The squared off sides are ugly.

Go with a Tank Must L size or Tank Americain M or L size. If you got big bucks then get the Tank LC or Tank Cintree.

I'm a bit lost on all the Cartier Tank models TBH, I'm still looking for a rose gold dress watch and thought something like that might be a good option. Too big? I'm assuming the date window will get some hate as well, but I would personally want a date display on any watch I wear for business..

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok...In all seriousness, I do have a question re my Polo S acquisitionship: The AD doesn’t have the dial I want in stock. They can order it. I’d probably get something like a 15% discount (MSRP = 12.3k). Or, I could buy new (but probably old stock) from Jomashop for roughly 30% off (and at a lower MSRP because NOS). Is there any good reason to NOT go grey with Joma?

BlairW

Reaction score
Is there a Cartier boutique near you? If so, perhaps you could do what I did and simply go in or set up an appointment and tell them you like the Tank but are somewhat confused between all the different variations. (especially since, in my opinion, the Cartier website could use some more filter options.) I felt the same way about the Santos and after seeing them in person and trying on a few I understood the collection and what I wanted much better. I openly told them when I walked in that I was not planning on buying anything that day and they still were quite helpful and let me take my time and ask my questions, although your mileage may vary.
I wish I was close to one, and that would be the ideal scenario but because I'm not I have to resort to asking strangers on the internet.
The date window sucks. The size is terrible. The squared off sides are ugly.

Go with a Tank Must L size or Tank Americain M or L size. If you got big bucks then get the Tank LC or Tank Cintree.
Will check those out, thanks

TonyStarks

Reaction score
I tried on that one Sunday as well and I did quite like it, but the lume and date on the large make it much more attractive for me, even though I think the medium fits my wrist a bit better. Still, though, one could not go wrong either way.
I really like the blue dial and if they made it in a medium, I’d go for it. The size is the driver for me. I feel the large is far too big for my wrist.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the blue dial and if they made it in a medium, I’d go for it. The size is the driver for me. I feel the large is far too big for my wrist.
I had the same issue when I tried on the L size. The watch was swallowing my wrist.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Know what’s cool and out of the square space of usual, boring suspects? This.
View attachment 1778650 View attachment 1778651 View attachment 1778652

It's the first Parmigiani that I've really liked!! It's just a shame that as @Ambulance Chaser mentioned, the hands don't have enough contrast against the dial to allow one to easily read the time at a glance.

Thank you for the kind words : I was a bit worried I would write too much. I personally do not mind thick watches but, as I said, I would like to try-on the Reverso and Malte before fully setting my heart on them.
I do indeed think about diversity of shapes when considering what watches I like. There certainly are many beautiful round watches, but, if one looks a bit harder, there are many other shapes as well and, as we have already established, I like uncommon, unique pieces.

I could possibly see myself going for this one, but I think I aesthetically like the white and blue dial versions better. I want a version with a bracelet, as I quite like the Santos bracelet, a date and lumed hands first and foremost and I am not overly concerned about scratching : everything I have read or watched online suggests that one can use a steel Santos as a sports watch just fine without serious damage although if anyone in this thread has reason to believe otherwise I would certainly be interested to know.

Well, since you were into Cartier before I was even born, I shall yield to your judgement. I am glad, therefore, that you also share a liking for the gold Pasha. In my experience, even by Cartier standards the Pasha seems underappreciated and relatively unknown despite offering solid specs combined with a unique, interesting and beautiful for a surprisingly affordable price which sums up what I like about Cartier watches in general. Although I certainly would not be opposed to seeing new dial colours, I personally quite like the way the white dial, gold case, black strap and indices and blue hands and pushers look together.

One of the many things I like about Vacheron Constantin is that, if you dig a little bit deeper, you will discover that they make so many interesting watches with unique shapes, varied colours, different accents and interesting histories. I personally think the Malte would add something different which this hypothetical collection would otherwise lack : I do not just mean a rose gold dress watch as there are many of those, but the shape of the case is somewhat in between that of the other three watches I mentioned and I think the flowing shape matches well with the warmer but somehow deeper colour of rose gold. In addition, I cannot deny that the uncommon nature of it is part of what attracts me. Perhaps I am just a hipster, perhaps I am just a pretentious snob who cannot like "normal watches" , but pieces which are more "off the beaten path" attract me more than the things which one hears discussed every day.

I agree completely that there are many beautiful round watches available in the marketplace. That being said, I also like watches with different shapes. While I have several round sports watches, my dress watches are other shapes such as square, rectangular, and asymmetric.

I don't mind thick watches either, but after trying on several Reversos I just happen to prefer the thinner versions. Still, I can see how some may prefer more complicated versions that are a bit thicker.

The Santos is a great watch. I wear my watches a lot, but I tend to wear mine with long sleeves and they have held up quite well. As you mentioned, there really is nothing to suggest that it can't be used as a sports watch and survive the rigors of day to day life. It's water resistant to 100m, it's antimagnetic, and there are older Santos models that are decades old in fine working order. So I think it will serve you well for a long time.

The Pasha was one of "The" watches to have in the late 80's and early to mid 90's. These days it is overshadowed by the Santos and the various versions of Tanks that have been released in recent years. Still, it's a great design that I really love, and a very comfortable watch to wear. I've had my current Pasha chronograph since 2005, and it hasn't given me any problems. In its day it was a rather good value, sharing the same chronograph movement as that used in the AP RO Chronograph and the VC Overseas chrono, at a fraction of the price (although without a gold rotor, but still a fine watch).

VC has lived in the shadows of PP and AP, but they have a rich history and some beautiful designs. I've always favored their Historiques models, or models based on cases of the past. So I can certainly see your attraction to the Malte. Non round watches often wear larger than round watches of similar dimensions and they don't always fit ones wrist as easily as a round watch, unless the case back is rounded. However, as long as the Malte fits your wrist, I think it could be a great watch for you.

My two VC both based on designs of the past.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/oXY0n0ul.jpg[/img]']

pmeis

Reaction score
I could possibly see myself going for this one, but I think I aesthetically like the white and blue dial versions better. I want a version with a bracelet, as I quite like the Santos bracelet, a date and lumed hands first and foremost and I am not overly concerned about scratching : everything I have read or watched online suggests that one can use a steel Santos as a sports watch just fine without serious damage although if anyone in this thread has reason to believe otherwise I would certainly be interested to know.

I've worn this watch probably 5 out of every 7 days since I picked up at the end of June. It still looks new, but I generally wear it on the rubber strap, which was my intention when I made the purchase, so the bracelet has largely been spared any real wear. I live on a lake and have an active toddler (takes to bathing the kiddo like a charm!) and IME I've found it makes for such a great sportswatch that it's largely killed my interest in anything more "higher end" in this category.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...In all seriousness, I do have a question re my Polo S acquisitionship: The AD doesn’t have the dial I want in stock. They can order it. I’d probably get something like a 15% discount (MSRP = 12.3k). Or, I could buy new (but probably old stock) from Jomashop for roughly 30% off (and at a lower MSRP because NOS). Is there any good reason to NOT go grey with Joma?

Main reason not to go to joma is that this AD has something else you might want one day. Also, it is nice to have manufacturer's warranty, just in case. I'd probably go with the AD.

Also, cannot wait to see it!

TonyStarks

Reaction score
Main reason not to go to joma is that this AD has something else you might want one day. Also, it is nice to have manufacturer's warranty, just in case. I'd probably go with the AD.

Also, cannot wait to see it!
This brings up a good point. Would this logic hold true for boutique vs AD. Curious on thoughts there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads