• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellas......have a question for those who might know: my Submariner ref 114060 doesn’t seem to hold its power reserve for more than 24 hrs. I just bought it in August 2020 from Wempe NYC.

I’m not sure if this is an actual performance issue or something I’m doing/not doing but I could wear the watch all day and let it sit overnight for about 12 -14 hours and it will stop ticking.

If anyone can shed some light before I contact the AD/Rolex it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Try winding it 20-30 times tomorrow morning, see if the same thing happens. If it does, you have a problem. If it doesnt, you probably arent moving enough throughout the day to wind the rotor.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize Chopard and Kiton did a cobranded piece. What do folks think of it?

168592-3003_1_1.jpg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize Chopard and Kiton did a cobranded piece. What do folks think of it?

168592-3003_1_1.jpg
Pretty mediocre and uninspired to me. And with the notable exception of the Explorer, I dislike the mixing of the numerals and stick indexes. Also the official description refers to "sprezzaturra", so, you know...

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still mostly wearing the Apple Watch for the biometrics but dug this out of the drawer today and it made me happy enough that I've still got it on.

IMG_0447.jpg

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't you know that you can go anywhere and sell your Rolex for enough to get a plane ticket home?

You joke, but I knew guys who worked in those certain restricted parts of a few American embassies (not me) who wore Rolex precisely because they considered it "liquid currency on their wrist" that they could cash in anywhere.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try winding it 20-30 times tomorrow morning, see if the same thing happens. If it does, you have a problem. If it doesnt, you probably arent moving enough throughout the day to wind the rotor.
Thanks for this......I’ve probably never wound it since I bought it. I wound it about 40 times just now so let’s see what happens tomorrow.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You ever think about getting the bracelet for the ROO?

Yup. The 42mm bracelet is a beautiful thing. To date, have not got my **** together enough.

FibroblastsMakeLeather

Reaction score
Fellas......have a question for those who might know: my Submariner ref 114060 doesn’t seem to hold its power reserve for more than 24 hrs. I just bought it in August 2020 from Wempe NYC.

I’m not sure if this is an actual performance issue or something I’m doing/not doing but I could wear the watch all day and let it sit overnight for about 12 -14 hours and it will stop ticking.

If anyone can shed some light before I contact the AD/Rolex it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I had the same problem a few months ago with my Jan 2020 - 114060. I read through a lot of TRF and some posters suggested that 'people didn't move around enough'. Well I didn't want to send in my brand new watch to get serviced during COVID, so I just kept using it.

In the last few months I switched from wearing my watch on my left wrist to my right wrist for various reasons. I never had the issue with the watch stopping overnight again and has held its power without issue.

My thinking is that I'm a desk-diver and I use my right hand at work much more and keeps it wound, while I don't use my left hand as much not topping up the power reserve.

I hope this helps out because it was a big relief not to have to send it to RSC.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Watch more Appreciation with your watch on the hand that you use.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads