• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

FibroblastsMakeLeather

Reaction score
Fellas......have a question for those who might know: my Submariner ref 114060 doesn’t seem to hold its power reserve for more than 24 hrs. I just bought it in August 2020 from Wempe NYC.

I’m not sure if this is an actual performance issue or something I’m doing/not doing but I could wear the watch all day and let it sit overnight for about 12 -14 hours and it will stop ticking.

If anyone can shed some light before I contact the AD/Rolex it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I had the same problem a few months ago with my Jan 2020 - 114060. I read through a lot of TRF and some posters suggested that 'people didn't move around enough'. Well I didn't want to send in my brand new watch to get serviced during COVID, so I just kept using it.

In the last few months I switched from wearing my watch on my left wrist to my right wrist for various reasons. I never had the issue with the watch stopping overnight again and has held its power without issue.

My thinking is that I'm a desk-diver and I use my right hand at work much more and keeps it wound, while I don't use my left hand as much not topping up the power reserve.

I hope this helps out because it was a big relief not to have to send it to RSC.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fellas......have a question for those who might know: my Submariner ref 114060 doesn’t seem to hold its power reserve for more than 24 hrs. I just bought it in August 2020 from Wempe NYC.

I’m not sure if this is an actual performance issue or something I’m doing/not doing but I could wear the watch all day and let it sit overnight for about 12 -14 hours and it will stop ticking.

If anyone can shed some light before I contact the AD/Rolex it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Watch more Appreciation with your watch on the hand that you use.

chocomallo

Reaction score
Not surprised on both counts. That is a stunner and MP prices got crazy rather quickly.
Thanks. This bracelet is extremely rare as far as I can tell. Far more rare than the MP.

It’s funny because the MP is constantly quoted as limited to a few hundred pieces, but a quick search online will show at least with the white gold version that there are serial numbers in the 500s. And there were CC series and CE series of each. And on the yellow gold at least there were three models—without a letter and with a B or an E. Not sure on white gold. Not to mention the XL size. You can also tell if the movement has ever been serviced based on the bridge layout at 4 o’clock with the crown facing left. Cartier replaced the bridge with fancier polished springs during service. A lot of interesting details that I haven’t seen discussed before.

Definitely agree MP prices are silly as are CPCP prices in general. Two things helped push me to sell beside the current prices and my Tank. The service cost of the MP is now north of USD 3k from what I hear, and as beautiful as the watch is, the slab-sided case profile doesn’t slide under a cuff as well as you might expect. It’s about 10.5mm thick if I recall, but I always felt like my thicker watches were more cuff friendly. Perhaps I will regret letting it go at some point, but I wore it regularly for about 10 years and am happy that the new owner will get to enjoy such a great piece.

Scuppers

Reaction score
Thanks. This bracelet is extremely rare as far as I can tell. Far more rare than the MP.

It’s funny because the MP is constantly quoted as limited to a few hundred pieces, but a quick search online will show at least with the white gold version that there are serial numbers in the 500s. And there were CC series and CE series of each. And on the yellow gold at least there were three models—without a letter and with a B or an E. Not sure on white gold. Not to mention the XL size. You can also tell if the movement has ever been serviced based on the bridge layout at 4 o’clock with the crown facing left. Cartier replaced the bridge with fancier polished springs during service. A lot of interesting details that I haven’t seen discussed before.

Definitely agree MP prices are silly as are CPCP prices in general. Two things helped push me to sell beside the current prices and my Tank. The service cost of the MP is now north of USD 3k from what I hear, and as beautiful as the watch is, the slab-sided case profile doesn’t slide under a cuff as well as you might expect. It’s about 10.5mm thick if I recall, but I always felt like my thicker watches were more cuff friendly. Perhaps I will regret letting it go at some point, but I wore it regularly for about 10 years and am happy that the new owner will get to enjoy such a great piece.
Personally prefer the GP 8050 MP (same THA movement), but GP have squandered any cache they ever had with current nonsense)

I am presently evaluating this Tank:
470E8DD8-54DD-4AFE-8C2D-722DA60D5D17.jpeg

Issue: bracelet. Just looks heavy (haven’t seen it in person [it’s in Italy], and a tank, ironically, shouldn’t be heavy.

chocomallo

Reaction score
Personally prefer the GP 8050 MP (same THA movement), but GP have squandered any cache they ever had with current nonsense)

I am presently evaluating this Tank: View attachment 1567006
Issue: bracelet. Just looks heavy (haven’t seen it in person [it’s in Italy], and a tank, ironically, shouldn’t be heavy.
Wow! First that tank is amazing. If it’s anything like mine, the weight is not heavy. I feel the weight of mine is just right. And that bracelet is spectacular. Not sure what the price is, but go for it. That bracelet takes it to the next level. What a piece and the condition looks excellent.

Second, that is my first time hearing GP used the THA movement. I don’t recall reading that before. I had heard UN and De Bethune but never GP. Thanks for enlightening me. I happen to love
GP and own a simple ref 2520 I have posted before.

Scuppers

Reaction score
Wow! First that tank is amazing. If it’s anything like mine, the weight is not heavy. I feel the weight of mine is just right. And that bracelet is spectacular. Not sure what the price is, but go for it. That bracelet takes it to the next level. What a piece and the condition looks excellent.

Second, that is my first time hearing GP used the THA movement. I don’t recall reading that before. I had heard UN and De Bethune but never GP. Thanks for enlightening me. I happen to love
GP and own a simple ref 2520 I have posted before.
Clarification: visually heavy. Though point noted. Thanks

Scuppers

Reaction score
Seals?! Jesus, that's some pretty niche Appreciation content you're into.
Funnily enough, great friend, is currently undertaking his PhD in the southern elephant seal Appreciation within Antarctica, well not exactly! Omit Appreciation for population.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am presently evaluating this Tank: View attachment 1567006
that’s a good looking watch. I bet brown alligator would look nice paired with it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 35 16.6%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 35 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 72 34.1%