• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speedy FOIS is perfect for me.....and pairs well with my RG Tank. Gonna add a Submariner as a 3rd wheel as soon as I get the call from my dealer :)
9824870C-280B-46BB-B536-C8E62B4472DD.jpeg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumor is that Omega is going to update the Seamaster 300M Master Co-Axial. This is the vintage inspired Seamaster 300M. If it does get updated I hope they shrink the watch down at least 2mm.

There’s also supposed to be another Snoopy Speedmaster released this year but this time a non LE version.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think part of the difference is that the original black bays wear a lot bigger than a regular speedy pro, especially in terms of thickness.

This. I like the Black Bay line, but it is way too tall/thick on the wrist. The 58 line is significantly slimmer. If I were to ever buy a BB, it would be the 58 because its proportions are inherently more wearable on the wrist. That said, I really thought I would like the new BB58 blue, but it doesn't resonate with me at all.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
@Viral that's a great pair.

Practically a two watch collection in and of itself.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rolex seem to be flooding AD’s pre September new releases.
i have seen more watches in the previous 2 weeks than in the last 2 years and 3 AD’s call offering steel pieces.....

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Southeasterly

Reaction score
A slimmed down Seamaster 300 would be very enticing as a dress diver. The thickness is really the undoing of the current model. It could really compete more directly with the Rolex sub if it lost 3mm. A GMT model would truly send my heart a flutter and fill a clear gap in Omega’s line.

Regarding the BB, the original ETA was just slim enough to work for me. When the in house movement was added and it gained 2mm, that pushed it over the edge. The 58 is definitely superior in terms of dimensions. If they ever release a 58 GMT, I’ll be first in line. In the meantime, something to satisfy my GMT desires shipped this morning...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A slimmed down Seamaster 300 would be very enticing as a dress diver. The thickness is really the undoing of the current model. It could really compete more directly with the Rolex sub if it lost 3mm. A GMT model would truly send my heart a flutter and fill a clear gap in Omega’s line.
That's my big problem with a lot of Omega watches. They're all too thick to wear. If the PO or 300M could shrink down to 13mm, I would definitely purchase one of them.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rumor is that Omega is going to update the Seamaster 300M Master Co-Axial. This is the vintage inspired Seamaster 300M. If it does get updated I hope they shrink the watch down at least 2mm.

There’s also supposed to be another Snoopy Speedmaster released this year but this time a non LE version.
Friend has heard another speedy Tuesday is rumoured to be released, heard anything?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Omega has said no ST this year. Most likely it's going to be new Snoopy Speedie and updated Speedie with the new 3861 movement that's currently in the Apollo 11 that recently came out this year as the only Speedie Pro's. At least that's the big rumor.

Last edited:

esoxm

Reaction score
That's my big problem with a lot of Omega watches. They're all too thick to wear. If the PO or 300M could shrink down to 13mm, I would definitely purchase one of them.

Definitely agree - a generation or two ago they had it right with the 2254.50. Loved mine, super comfortable and never had issues with it getting caught on shirt cuffs. Still pissed it was stolen.

ptfly

Reaction score
This. I like the Black Bay line, but it is way too tall/thick on the wrist. The 58 line is significantly slimmer. If I were to ever buy a BB, it would be the 58 because its proportions are inherently more wearable on the wrist. That said, I really thought I would like the new BB58 blue, but it doesn't resonate with me at all.
I tried to like the BB but always found them too thick and high on the wrist. I did pick up the smiley rose/ETA BBN which is much thinner IMO. The back is flat and it wears nicer for me. If I had waited longer I would probably have the 58 but I already have some divers around that size so the slightly larger BBN fits my need.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cartier is always nice for women but I doubt you'll get a solid gold watch for $5k. At your budget, you'll be looking at two tone Cartier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads