• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Patek 5227 or 6119?
6119 strikes me as a bit of a love child.* If wanting Patek but not needing a pure dress watch, I'd look for 5296r.

* Edit: I'm liking the red gold version quite a bit more than the white.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m extremely glad they kept the external design the same (with only incremental changes), and particularly happy that the size wasn’t increased, but it is sad to see the old movement go. The new one lacks the distinction of being the original movement for the original model, even if it is technically superior.

This is so confusing - not in terms of the actual meaning - in terms of when you chose this plot line as a con vs a pro...

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is so confusing - not in terms of the actual meaning - in terms of when you chose this plot line as a con vs a pro...

What’s confusing about the appeal of using the original movement in an iconic watch?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
6119 strikes me as a bit of a love child.* If wanting Patek but not needing a pure dress watch, I'd look for 5296r.

* Edit: I'm liking the red gold version quite a bit more than the white.

5296 has been discontinued for a few years.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's maybe even funnier when considering that Foo stated the 5711 was incrementally better than the 3700 in every way just a week ago without counting that it replaced the original Nautilus movement (ironically, based on the same JLC caliber that AP used for the prior generations of the Jumbo) as a drawback for the newer watch

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's maybe even funnier when considering that Foo stated the 5711 was incrementally better than the 3700 in every way just a week ago without counting that it replaced the original Nautilus movement (ironically, based on the same JLC caliber that AP used for the prior generations of the Jumbo) as a drawback for the newer watch

Funny if you’re a ******* moron, sure.

In 2020-1 at NYC AP, I bought a Code, because I wanted it. Then went on a waitlist for a ROC and got it in 4 months.

ROC is not in remotely the same stratosphere as the 15202.

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s confusing about the appeal of using the original movement in an iconic watch?
It’s confusing (for me) to parse when a new “technically better” movement is “better“ than an “original” movement given that I believe I’ve heard arguments for both sides of the fence from you? No?

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what I’m alluding to, yes, among other examples I’m too tired to track down...but like, basically once a week?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads