• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Questions for the peanut gallery: How has your collection changed since the pandemic started? Did you add to the collection because you had more disposable income that you weren't spending on things like travel? Or did you decide to just enjoy what you already owned? I bought one watch (Aquastar Deepstar chronograph), but the itch to buy another is starting . . .

My collection hasn't changed at all since the pandemic. I bought 2 watches in 2019 (my blue dial Santos and a black dial Explorer II), the year prior to the pandemic. I currently have 13 watches in my collection. I rarely sell anything, and I am very content with my collection. I have a diving watch, more than 1 type of GMT function watch, a few chronographs, a few dress watches, and luxury sports watch, so I have most of the categories that matter to me covered.

If anything has changed its the market itself. In that time more brand boutiques have opened near me, and there are fewer ADs. Values have gone up substantially on a variety of watches, and it has become more difficult to obtain some watches that interest me. I am on waiting lists for a few watches. If they come in great, if not it's just more money I have for other things.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Questions for the peanut gallery: How has your collection changed since the pandemic started? Did you add to the collection because you had more disposable income that you weren't spending on things like travel? Or did you decide to just enjoy what you already owned? I bought one watch (Aquastar Deepstar chronograph), but the itch to buy another is starting . . .
I went full ******* marsupial and bought everything. Thanks, COVID.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sold three watches—Tortue MP, Patek 5026 and Bulgari OF. Want to sell GP 2520 and Tank. Pandemic made me loose interest in the hobby. Like another poster said, I’m happy to look at photos but don’t care to own them anymore.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought an explorer 2 polar dial and a RO chrono panda dial. Already had an ROO, grand Seiko in rose gold red dial and a speedy on bracelet.
Nothing out there that I can get at retail maybe if I get offered a 6119G Patek but unsure if it fits my big wrists.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CbkuBojh.jpg

Have season tickets and didn't go to any games last year because of COVID. Only game I've been to this year.

ZGPr5Q7h.jpg

tiRbwqSh.jpg

I love this guy. He is always in his spot with the defense sign and custom jersey.

wZnSkh2h.jpg

Hope everyone else had a great weekend too.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s funny. I was looking through pictures and video of Patek’s 5396 line (yes - I’m considering one). In doing so, I came across this blatant replica. The funny thing is, the replica’s dial layout is actually cleaner and better than the original 5396.
1D14F4CB-12CD-4C9F-A0BE-89733A9E98D0.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads