• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tigerpac

Reaction score
Jean Rousseau here too. Was on the recommendation of @culverwood and others on here. Top quality stuff and a good price for it, but quality is expensive!

Winot

Reaction score

Thanks for all the JlC Reverso posts. Love them, very stylish and still classical. I was just looking at a few prior to visiting SF, so your timing is perfect.

One question to those who wear them; is there anything that annoys you with them - style or function, or whatever?

I've got a Grande Reverso Ultra Thin and love it, but two criticisms:

1. Scratches as mentioned above. Quite noticeable.

2. The nature of the rectangular face is that it's difficult to set/read an exact time.

firenze_rob

Reaction score

Thanks for all the JlC Reverso posts. Love them, very stylish and still classical. I was just looking at a few prior to visiting SF, so your timing is perfect.

One question to those who wear them; is there anything that annoys you with them - style or function, or whatever?

Finding aftermarket straps has been a challenge for the TT1931. The aftermarket ones just don't fit flush against the case and I find it existentially difficult to spend 500+ for the OEM Fagliano one. Although, they were nice enough to give me a break on the shipping if I bought two.

Other than that, Reversos tick all the boxes for me.

kimmo

Reaction score

All new JLCs go through 1000 hours of testing before being let loose on the world. They are calibrated more stringently than COSC (-1+6 vs -4+6) - which apparently they made a conscious decision not to subscribe to.

They also specifically avoid telling the exact second range. My JLC Deep Sea went for adjustment a few months back, because it was running over +10s / day. After adjustment, it's about half of that and still not as accurate as Milgauss out of the box and mentioned this to the JLC customer rep who called me from Holland to discuss the irregularities in shipment. However, she mentioned that their spec is one minute a week and I can always send the watch back for a re-check if I'm not happy with the result.

If you find somewhere the official JLC party line about the daily error range, please post it, I'd be interested.

firenze_rob

Reaction score
Speedy Friday.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Mine being a two-hander, I can't really speak to Reverso "accuracy", but I do love most everything about it.

(Although some of y'alls pics have me wishing for a Duo already (!) ...maybe a steel one someday, to complement my GRUT?) Ha ha.

Anyway .... now I'm expecting a full crush of Speedy pics to be posted, and sadly I won't be able to play along :violin:

michaelvl

Reaction score
On a lesser note, caught on cam: man in London gets robbed of Rolex in broad daylight, beware who you flash your watch to.

Last edited:

firenze_rob

Reaction score

Mine being a two-hander, I can't really speak to Reverso "accuracy", but I do love most everything about it.

(Although some of y'alls pics have me wishing for a Duo already (!) ...maybe a steel one someday, to complement my GRUT?) Ha ha.

Anyway .... now I'm expecting a full crush of Speedy pics to be posted, and sadly I won't be able to play along :violin:

This brings up an interesting question: for everyone out there, how much does accuracy matter in making a watch purchase? Is accuracy a proxy for reliability (vis a vis the Lemania powered Speedys pictured)? Just thinking out loud.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
On a lesser note, caught on cam: man in London gets robbed of Rolex in broad daylight, beware who you flash your watch to.

Seems the robber couldn't work out how to open the clasp. Anyway, it just goes to show that you should only buy a Rolex in steel: then you can take it off and use it as a knuckleduster to defend yourself. I'm sure a gold one would still work, and have an advantage in mass too. But the subsequent dilemma over whether to have the scratches polished out is possibly worse than being choked unconscious.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finding aftermarket straps has been a challenge for the TT1931. The aftermarket ones just don't fit flush against the case and I find it existentially difficult to spend 500+ for the OEM Fagliano one. Although, they were nice enough to give me a break on the shipping if I bought two.

Other than that, Reversos tick all the boxes for me.

I'm awaiting delivery of a Camile Fournet alligator strap for my Geophysic. I think the watches have the same lug width. The Camille Fournet is notably cheaper than the OEM alligator strap. I'm just scared to death of actually changing the damn strap!
cry.gif

This brings up an interesting question: for everyone out there, how much does accuracy matter in making a watch purchase? Is accuracy a proxy for reliability (vis a vis the Lemania powered Speedys pictured)? Just thinking out loud.

I wouldn't put accuracy towards the top of my list. That said I wouldn't want it to an inaccurate timepiece. My Geophysic is supposed to be "more accurate than a chronometer", but I bought it more for aesthetic reasons. I'm very aesthetically driven when it comes most purchases, but the quality/finishing has to be there as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads