• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This brand sure attracts some pretty ignorant people. :lurk:

mistahdabolina

Reaction score
only complaints about these jeans are
-BUTTONS, If levis can make cheap ass jeans with buttons that dont pop off for 30-50 bucks, why cant Unbranded make some nice ones?
-Less starch in the denim. I know its cheap denim to begin with, but with the amount of starch it really makes the denim suck. And no stupid comments about how much of a puss i am because i wear N&F Elephant2's and they broke in quite nicely compared to these jokes
-And BETTER BUTTONS! cant stress it enough. my buttons on all the Unbranded's ive owned have popped off. Yes i know sizing down will do that. but being in between a 31 and a 32, i go with 31 because denim will stretch out...but since you get ****** buttons and over starched(and overdyed) denim... you get overly stiff jeans where weak buttons will pop off.

I hope they improve on these things that shouldnt even need improving seeing how this brand has been going about since 2010?(correct me if im wrong) thats a whole two years and they still havent fixed the damn buttons... makes me wonder if the 21oz's will even be worth it

other than that...they really are good starting jeans, nothing more because they dont fade anywhere near as nice as higher end jeans do.

ok i guess my mini review/rant is over. :censored: haha

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
emailed unbranded.

i'm sure they will provide some free buttons for you to fix them.

maltess

Reaction score
I dont know guys, I like the look and by the photos I like the fit of the 301, I was looking for an entry level raw jeans. But I see all this different opinions, good quality contruction on one side, bad quality and jumping buttoms for other people, what would be the general consensous? I am thinking getting the 3sixteen sl 100 in instead and spend a bit more, what do you think I should do?

musica22

Reaction score
I dont know guys, I like the look and by the photos I like the fit of the 301, I was looking for an entry level raw jeans. But I see all this different opinions, good quality contruction on one side, bad quality and jumping buttoms for other people, what would be the general consensous? I am thinking getting the 3sixteen sl 100 in instead and spend a bit more, what do you think I should do?
well you missed the selfedge sale, they were having 12% off last weekend
with that price range there's still japan blue, senio, kamikaze attack etc

cfrp

Reaction score
-Less starch in the denim. I know its cheap denim to begin with, but with the amount of starch it really makes the denim suck. And no stupid comments about how much of a puss i am because i wear N&F Elephant2's and they broke in quite nicely compared to these jokes
I do agree with the button. Another complaint is how small the pockets are. If you use one of those big screen touchscreen phones it barely fits in the pocket. I use a galaxy note and it fits in like 3/4 of the way.

I actually like the starch. I find it helps with the combs and wiskers.

BTW

Blue owl is expecting to have them on sale by the 22nd.

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UB is just fine for an entry level raw denim. Especially if you don't have a local vendor where you can inspect the goods and try on washed once models (unsanforized jeans).

I started with the UB 201s. I wore them for about six weeks. The build quality was satisfactory but I didn't like the fit. So I recently acquired a pair of 101s (Thanks Jay!). Much better, but I probably should have gone down one more size. Even so, I'm happy with them. And the cost was minimal to experiment with the different cuts. For me, it was a good experience to have before considering selvage in the $300-$400 range.

maltess

Reaction score
I live in Spain , so I have to either find a US proxy, (customs are getting very ***** now at days and even if the proxy send it as a present I will have to pay some extra taxes) or order the umbranden brand at denimgeek in the UK, they sell them more expensive than in the US, plus shipping from the UK, so in the end and either way I pay like a 100 dollars for a pair of UB301.

Thats why I am trying to find if is worthit or I am going to start with crotch blowouts, fallin buttoms etc.in a couple of moths

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing mine about five days a week with no problems. I don't expect any broken buttons as I didn't size down at all. But it could happen I guess.

If I had to order from out of country, then I might look for something locally first even if it's a bit more expensive. But anyhow, let us know what you decide. And best of luck!

Crump's Brother

Reaction score
just got my unbranded chinos in the mail tonight

took pics of them and my unbranded jeans so people could see the comparison

both the skinny model, size 32 waist

obviously they a bit tighter than the jeans...can't recall if my jeans fit that tight when i got them

i feel like Kramer when got a pair of jeans when wearing the chinos

Last edited:

Mint Forest

Reaction score
just got my unbranded chinos in the mail tonight
took pics of them and my unbranded jeans so people could see the comparison
both the skinny model, size 32 waist

obviously they a bit tighter than the jeans...can't recall if my jeans fit that tight when i got them
i feel like Kramer when got a pair of jeans when wearing the chinos
Is size 32 your normal size for jeans/pants? Is the quality good for the price? Is the material thick?

I can't make out the navy one too well. The beige one looks like glossy/shiny?. But they look nice. I'd like to get them but I can't decide whether to go one size up or TTS.

Invictus146

Reaction score
Also got my chinos in today - 1 pair in straight and 1 in skinny. I usually pick up size 30 jeans (~31 true waist), however these really do fit TTS, at least initially. Unfortunately the sizes I got both are quite a struggle to get on (30 in straight, 31 in skinny). I personally was planning to wear these just as pants (machine washes, after all no fades to think about), so I think they're going back especially as I'm hearing they don't stretch out much and I managed to snare some other chinos in the WvG firesale. Can anyone else confirm the lack of stretching in the chinos? Might go in for the skinnies again but size up to 32.

That said, the material is great and I do like the cut, especially of the skinny chinos (the and I straight is reasonably slim overall, but I could do with more taper).

Last edited:

JSLi

Reaction score
So I got unbranded's - Size 28s. I have a 30 waist size in levis, but most my jeans measure to about 31. I manage to button 3 with difficulty if I wear them where I normally wear them, and all 4 if I pull them up. I've worn them for about a day now with them "up" and my hips are sort of bruising (I have to pull REALLY really hard to button them.) I can't return them as I already had them hemmed. Do you think I should stick with them? I need them to stretch about an inch to wear them...

flatspotting

Reaction score
Hmmm after reading this I think I have to look at some UB chinos... What do you guys find is the best place purchase them online?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads