• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

Biahoz

Reaction score
I agree with Somar.. If RRL has been selling high end denim, then he should definitely know the differences between the unbranded/N&F and high end denim. However, it seems that RRL does not, which is interesting.

I'm not a big denim head, but I do own a pair of Uniqlo, N&F Deep Indigos, and Helmut Lang straight leg raws. And let me tell you, the difference in denim quality and construction between N&F and HL is astounding. The biggest difference is in the hardware and construction. Denim-wise, they both are cool in their own way: the HLs are slubbier and rougher, the N&Fs are hairier and softer to touch. HLs are also much faster-fading.

The higher end you go, the more character denim has I believe. Just check out pics of Samurai or PBJ (esp the 007s), they have depth. The intense labor that goes into high end Japanese denim is also not a facade: I've spoken to Jay from Blue Owl about this. I'm sure you guys agree he would have a significant amount of knowledge on this matter. The labor is in the way the denim is dyed, and the care that goes into making each pair of jeans. It most definitely is not a 15 minute matter.

Unbranded is cheaper as they manufacture overseas, I think it was Macau. N&F has also been able to somewhat keep prices lower as Brandon manufactures in his family's factory. One last thing, denim even within Japan is of varying quality. Kaihara denim is different from Okinawa etc.

BuffaloWang

Reaction score

^ Thanks buddy! That was really helpful!

I ended reading something somewhere about presoaking sanforized denim would remove the starch or something and make it softer, is that true too?

From personal experience, soaking will NOT do anything.

It will not shrink or anything. Some dye will be removed.

jonnie

Reaction score
Both of you... Just prove your facts and you're done! Don't just say ''its the best of the best''... and please don't just say ''this is pure bullshit. It's from china.'' Prove it!

By the way adding that ''this brand sucks'' without giving good arguments is kind of childish and pathetic. To think that your mind is so small and you just can't find that little place to accept somebody else that likes 'unbranded denim'. You know, you remind me of my nephew of 8 he just yells ''I HATE GIRLS'', not knowing he's gonna love them soon :p. But I guess you're a little older than my nephew and that't the pathetic part!

Oh and please don't think I'm a huge UB fan, because I sense that there is something they're not telling about why it's so cheap. I also have a pair of N&F myself and I just KNOW that there is better quality than this. My point is that we can talk about this subject like normal people and that could have been very interesting too, but this forum doesn't need the sh*t you just dropped.

Damn Somar you just reminded me of something lol...I really did wonder why UB was "cheap" and I guess I can tell why by just comparing them to my APCs. I really wanna try a high end pair of denim, especially PBJs but not enough funding. It kinda brings me to the question of the upcoming (or probably released...I remember Blue Owl was gonna get them around this time) the UB heavyweights 21oz denim. Like for 98 or 99 bucks...really? I don't really know but I swear there's a catch or something.
From personal experience, soaking will NOT do anything.
It will not shrink or anything. Some dye will be removed.
Thanks Wang...side note, no offence but I almost typed your name as BuffaloWings lol

xJack

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
..Having personally had Unbranded..it's totally worth the $78 (or $86).

The only issue is the cheap hardware, but if you're just in it for the fabric, it's fine.

ben2t

Reaction score
Since this thread has a lot of peanut brain contributors giving their worthless opinions, I will add another worthless opinion of my own.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMEONE'S POST LEAVE IT ALONE, KEEP YOUR WORTHLESS OPINION IN YOUR ASSHOLE BECAUSE NO ONE CARES ON WHAT IS IN YOUR MOSQUITO BRAIN SO DON'T TRY TO LECTURE US OF WHAT YOU KNOW BECAUSE WE DON'T CARE.

As the TITLE states "THE UNBRANDED BRAND JEANS", meaning for people who owned, has experienced (positive or negative) or for those who are considering to owned the brand,

WHAT IS YOUR ******* PROBLEM IF WE ARE HAPPY WITH OUR UNBRANDED JEANS? ITS OUR MONEY ANYWAY ASSSHHHOOOLLLLEEE!

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
Brandon Svarc of Naked and Famous says:

“Unbranded is 15oz raw selvedge denim for around $80 retail which is much more attainable for many folks. While Unbranded is made in China, the sewing quality is excellent, and this brand is growing quite quickly. It is a concept brand made to challenge any branded product, even Naked & Famous. With Unbranded, all you pay for is jeans. We don’t even have to make brand labels or buttons or stamp the leather patch!”

No ad campaigns, advertisements, celebrities, no name brands, plain leather patches, and manufacturing in China make these jeans affordable at a $80 price range compared to Naked&Famous jeans that costs 2x as much.

Compared to my friend's jeans yes, the fabric is a bit cheaper. But I'm paying less than 1/4 the price of theirs. The leather patch is practically useless, but after 1 year and 3 months, all my hardware is still on and functional.

I have no personal experience as these are my first and only pair of raw selvedge jeans. Will be getting new ones when these start getting beat up, but that probably won't even be for awhile.

Last edited:

Somar

Reaction score
Since this thread has a lot of peanut brain contributors giving their worthless opinions, I will add another worthless opinion of my own.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMEONE'S POST LEAVE IT ALONE, KEEP YOUR WORTHLESS OPINION IN YOUR ASSHOLE BECAUSE NO ONE CARES ON WHAT IS IN YOUR MOSQUITO BRAIN SO DON'T TRY TO LECTURE US OF WHAT YOU KNOW BECAUSE WE DON'T CARE.

As the TITLE states "THE UNBRANDED BRAND JEANS", meaning for people who owned, has experienced (positive or negative) or for those who are considering to owned the brand,

WHAT IS YOUR ******* PROBLEM IF WE ARE HAPPY WITH OUR UNBRANDED JEANS? ITS OUR MONEY ANYWAY ASSSHHHOOOLLLLEEE!
You're damn right!

except for one thing: If somebody like MrUnicorn bashes UB and says that ''it's a worthless brand. PERIOD.'' without giving good arguments, then something can be said here to this person don't you think so? You shouldn't let somebody get away with it because that's what makes this forum sick.

Last edited:

Somar

Reaction score
I would like a pair of UB 21oz!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ben2t

Reaction score
You're damn right!

except for one thing: If somebody like MrUnicorn bashes UB and says that ''it's a worthless brand. PERIOD.'' without giving good arguments, then something can be said here to this person don't you think so? You shouldn't let somebody get away with it because that's what makes this forum stupid people — people who truly are ignorant — tend to think they know far more than they do
that stupid guy who truly are ignorant, tend to think he know far more than he do, they are only here because they want to lecture us of their "STUPID and WORTHLESS" opinion.
Don’t argue w/ those idiots they will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.

Last edited:

Kuznetsov

Reaction score
I've got a pair of Unbranded after wearing mainly LVC and Iron Heart for the last 4 years. Although they are no where the near the quality of the IH or LVC for the price paid I think they are a reasonable alternative for those that do not want to spend a small fortune but want to see what "the fuss" about raw denim is all about.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mrUnicorn likes to bash certain products (like John Lofgren). That's just his thing. In the drop down menu below a member's handle there is an option to "Block". You can turn off his comments. No need to waste time replying.

ben2t

Reaction score
no need to block such dick because its fun and entertaining to read those worthless comments.

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, I can see how there might be some entertainment value. Why dignify the remarks with a response? The worst thing you can do to a forum troll is ignore his comments.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodfoot