• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a brown gloverall duffle coat in a 38 with attached hood. Looking for a similar one in a 40. Was hoping this would work, but it's a tad bit too small. Interested in trades for outerwear and winter jackets.

Also have these vintage made in USA frye boots in an 8.5 that are too big for me. For reference, I wear a 8E/8.5D AE park avenue. I'd say condition is like 7.5/10. With the soles in good shape, but some wear to the stretchy part, zipper stitching, and a back stitching repair. They're solid though. Looking for trades!

Here are some pics:

Last edited:

rayxlui

Reaction score
Looking for navy or charcoal JCrew suits, either Ludlow or Aldridge cut. Pants need to be a 36, jacket 42.

Thanks.

costanaconda

Reaction score

Cleaning out my closet -- trying to trade for some new stuff. Currently looking for:

1) Levis 501s in medium or dark wash: 32 x 32 prefer made in USA version. No distressing.
2) Navy blazer in 38L/39L -- BB fitzgerald or the like. Really would like something with patch pockets.
3) Brown Long wings size 11d.
4) Brooks Brothers 15 34 non-iron slim solid blue shirts.

Please PM me with more detailed pictures and measurements. I have for trade:

A) Nordstrom Trim Fit non-iron blue shirt with light black stripes (similar in quality to BB std. non-irons) -- Size 15.5 34-35 (this is very slim, actually).
B) Chalk Stripe charcoal flannel suit size 37/38 R (no idea the brand, but well made). Peak lapels, heavy fabric, cuffs and pleats on the pants. Wish this fit me, as it is a great suit. (GONE)
C) Hawes and Curtis pink shirt with light blue / dark blue thin stripe. Ludlow cut (slim) size 15/33.
D) Lands End tailored fit khakis, size 33.
E) Lands end grey flat front pants -- made in USA, vintage. Braces buttons. Very nice.
F) Carraig Donn wool sweater/coat -- tagged size large. Very nice, made in Ireland. One of the cinch toggles needs repair. Very heavy, and very warm.
G) & Brand jeans -- straight cut, size 34 x 32.
H) Levis dark wash 514 size 34 x 32.

PM me please with questions or offers.

Last edited:

costanaconda

Reaction score

J. Crew 3/2 blazer. Older Green Label. 100% wool. No style number. Tagged 40R. Great pattern, with Brown, black, green and tan base. 3 buttons on the arms.
Note the damage on the arm. If you can live with it, it's a great blazer.

Measurements:
Shoulders: 19"
Sleeves: 25.5"
Pit to pit: 22"
Waist (at middle button): 20.5"
Length (down back): 30.75"

TJGent87

Reaction score
I'm looking for something that looks similar to any of these sz 40R, PM with details.

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Needing to update my wardrobe after losing about 45 pounds.

Looking for:
Brooks Brothers 16.5 x 36 or 37 slim fit button downs
Suit - grey or navy - around a 48L or 50L jacket and around 38 pant
Staple wool pants - 38 waist, around 34 or 32 inseam
Maybe some nice denim is a 36 or 38
Could also use some new/gentle worn brown/tan oxford/wingtips in a 11.5

Have got a good collection of stuff to trade or can just buy depending on the item

Thanks for any help!

wsupjs

Reaction score
I'm cleaning out some extras. I'll be listing them in the Classifieds as well, but thought I'd throw them on here first for potential trades.

- Lacoste 100% Cashmere Tan/Camel V Neck Sweater. Size 4 (Small), but fits closer to medium. Excellent condition.
- J Crew 100% Merino Grey V Neck Sweater. Medium in very good condition.
- Ralph Lauren/Polo Golf Navy Harrington Jacket. Medium in good condition.
- J Crew Broadmoor Navy Quilted Vest. Medium in very good condition.
- Eton Dress Shirt. 15.75/40. White, Slim Fit, Spread Collar, French Cuffs. Very good condition.
- Bills Khakis Parker Pant. Trim Fit, Flat Front. Color is light orange, creamsicle. 33" waist and unfinished hem. Brand new with tags.
- Bills Khakis Chamois Cloth. Standard Fit (M2), Flat Front. Color is medium red (brick). 32" waist and unfinished hem. Brand new with tags.

Things I'd consider in trade:

- Shawl Collar Cardigan. Navy or Grey
- Brown Leather Gloves. Quilted Pattern in size XL
- Drake's 7cm Silver Grenadine Tie

Last edited:

riverflow

Reaction score
Looking for a pair of grey pants to match a thrift pickup. Any combination of 33 & 34 will do for sizing.

The catch: 50/50 wool/silk blend.

LetsGetWeird

Reaction score
Looking for Selvedge or any MINT jeans in 32 X 32, slim fit or a tapered straight fit preferred - thanks! RRL, APC, Levi's welcome

JL3212

Reaction score
I have two recent suits that I'm looking to trade or sell for someone else, as they lost a lot of wait and no longer fit. Both are a 42R. One is a Brooks Brothers Saxxon Grey subtle herringbone pattern and another is a solid navy Suit Supply suit. Both were bought new within the last 1 and a half or so. I can get pics but do not have any right now.

Let me know if anyone is interested in buying, or, preferably if anyone has anything in a 38R-40R to trade.

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking for a hooded Barbour coat for my mother, a men or women's size XL. The more traditional/Barbour-y the better, get at me with whatever you have. Thanks!

masaccio

Reaction score
I have a pair of PRL Marlow full strap loafers in shell cordovan. The fit just isn't right for me. I'm looking to move them. Before I send them to eBay, thought I'd try the trade thread.

Size is 9D (US), made in England for RL by Crockett and Jones. I can PM more pics if interested.

I'm interested in sport shirts from RRL, Engineered Garments, etc. I'm generally a Medium, 16 neck, 34 sleeve, 20-22 pit-to-pit.

Also looking for RRL Officer Chinos in 32" waist (true 33/34).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads