• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

towerbespoke

Reaction score
Hey Nick, I’ve owned a few pieces from him. I was first introduced when Got Style was on King St. Back then I was just starting my wardrobe. Since then, my tastes have changed a bit but I still own a shawl collar pea coat that will probably last me a life time. Definitely check out the sale if you’re interested in his stuff. The discounts are very nice and it’s the best time to buy.
How are their boots?

Ive had a pair of his shoes before which I loved and lasted quite a while.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are their boots?

Ive had a pair of his shoes before which I loved and lasted quite a while.

I bought two pairs of the “made in Portugal” boots at 75% off. This was before I got into Goodyear welted footwear. The leather was like a polished binder/corrected grain kind of feel. It was pretty stiff.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, how does Ferragamo sizing work?

Does 7.5 EE translate to 8.5US?

I normally wear 8.5 or 9 EEE.

I have a pair of Ferragamo boots that are 9.5 EE size. It is too big for me. I also tried on a pair of FG shoes size 9ee and was close to my right size.

So I believe their sizes to be true to fit.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Maybe they fit large then depending on the last.

I’m a solid 8.5US/7.5Uk, and I got a pair of ferragamos in 7.5 EE which fit me well, with a good bit of room in the toe.

On a related note, Holts’ insane markdowns are still on.

Picked up a pair of Tramezza oxfords for 71% off. Pretty much slim pickings left for shoes unless you’re a larger size.

I’m impressed with the quality of the tramezza line. The more classic models are finished very well and remind me of Carmina.

I was also told that Holts will start carrying Church’s soon. If that’s the case, looking forward to the sales next summer.

Lastly, the Bay on Queen has two church’s models on sale in the 250 -350 range. Limited sizes though.

Happy New Year Everyone!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Maybe they fit large then depending on the last.

I’m a solid 8.5US/7.5Uk, and I got a pair of ferragamos in 7.5 EE which fit me well, with a good bit of room in the toe.

On a related note, Holts’ insane markdowns are still on.

Picked up a pair of Tramezza oxfords for 71% off. Pretty much slim pickings left for shoes unless you’re a larger size.

I’m impressed with the quality of the tramezza line. The more classic models are finished very well and remind me of Carmina.

I was also told that Holts will start carrying Church’s soon. If that’s the case, looking forward to the sales next summer.

Lastly, the Bay on Queen has two church’s models on sale in the 250 -350 range. Limited sizes though.

Happy New Year Everyone!

For shoe size, you have to know your width. I use to wear 10 until I was properly measured for 8.5 EEE. So you should go to someone like Ivor Woolridge to get a proper measurement. Then you can always buy your shoes and know they will fit.

Be careful with Church's. They use what's called book binder leather, or corrected leather, which is crap. I have a pair, and the leather looks fake and has this permanent shine. Make sure to only go for calf grain leather, or shell cordovan.

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys go to get your haircut in Toronto? I was thinking of getting a John Allen membership, but not sure if it's worth it.

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for goodyear welt resoling in the GTA? Nothing fancy, just 4 or 5 pairs of AEs that need new soles + heels. Seems like everywhere in the city just glues on new soles though.

whirlwynds

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for goodyear welt resoling in the GTA? Nothing fancy, just 4 or 5 pairs of AEs that need new soles + heels. Seems like everywhere in the city just glues on new soles though.
Nicks shoe repair on DuPont? But why not send them to AE for recrafting? That way they will be re lasted as well.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nicks shoe repair on DuPont? But why not send them to AE for recrafting? That way they will be re lasted as well.

I would be concerned CBSA will tax the shoes as soon as they cross the border. Not to mention how much in the gutter the CAD$ is compared to the US$.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads