• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have been eyeing some Inca last shoes too but doubtful about the fit. Presently I wear Rain and Forest last and both seems to fit well in UK11. Some heel slips with the Forest last - solved by wearing thicker socks. 
But now that you are saying Inca last is comfortable for those with wide forefoot, I probably should just pull the trigger 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Have you any experience with Carmina's loafers? 

I would recommend you ask in the Carmina thread, friend:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/241469/carmina-shoes-official-affiliate-thread/0_20

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the RL Marlow Plain Toe Bluchers made of Horween Shell? if so, is the Horween stamp that is on the soles of Alden and AE shell shoe soles also supposed to be on the Marlow soles?

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are the RL Marlow Plain Toe Bluchers made of Horween Shell?  if so, is the Horween stamp that is on the soles of Alden and AE shell shoe soles also supposed to be on the Marlow soles?

RL Marlow's have no indication of shell cordovan on the shoe (just the box). C&J shoes say "Genuine Cordovan" on the sole.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes Sir,

Ron Riders pics on the Internet of his shell cordovan creations are one of the main reasons why I'm in the game today.

He was working with the exotic shell hides before the craze over them that exists today.

Rons designs helped the shell game explode, then, unfortunately, his ability to get cordovan from Horween was hindered and the cost went up...

So, for awhile I didn't see any shell designs from him, at least not consistently.

It seems like he's getting back into the game though.

Ron is a shop owner and maker yes, but he really is one of us, meaning that he enjoys the boots...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Riders are just so great.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
some before/after of the crockett and jones shell cordovan wingtips i left out in the sun for months before:
after:
hit them with some venetian before leaving them out in the sun. 3 months later the shell feels soft and lush, stillthe look perfect now and are a nice complement to the darker lindrick boot.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some before/after of the crockett and jones shell cordovan wingtips i left out in the sun for months

hit them with some venetian before leaving them out in the sun. 3 months later the shell feels soft and lush, stillthe look perfect now and are a nice complement to the darker lindrick boot.

Very nice work! Looks like I'll be giving my Lindricks a suntan through the end of summer.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello

Here my crup leather Church Grafton in burgundy, bought from Herring Shoes. Crup is how they name shell in England. I have been using Allen Edmonds cordovan cream. A little cream and lots of brushing with clean brushes do the trick.

I have been watching some shoe care videos, and notice that shoe laces are not taken out when cleaning / creaming or brushing the shoes. That is wrong because the laces get dirty and greasy, you don´t iron your pants with the belt on.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads