• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Send Connemara to CSE Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
How is the occupation of Iraq a defense of our freedom?

Whether or not an individual soldier believes in the Iraq war, they committed to serve in our country's armed forces and obey the lawful orders of their superior officers.

If they don't believe those orders are lawful they can object to them and some people have. I personally don't think any of these cases will be won by the objectors but who knows. In any case, people who signed up for ROTC knew there was a chance they would be sent to fight in a war. I personally believe most of them signed up not only because they wanted the money for college but also because they believe in serving their country.

For those that didn't, they gambled, and lost, and now have to face the consequences of their decisions.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
To be rather blunt, how the hell is a war of aggression defense of anything?

Again, this is a debatable point for you, me, and others not serving in the military. I've always come across in opposition of the war for geopolitical reasons, but that's not the point. The point is that they signed a contract to serve in the armed forces of this country, knowing there was a chance they'd go to war.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
Getting off track here guys...

So, Connie, what's the plan for food/housing (and no I am not volunteering my place, heheh)?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
Getting off track here guys... So, Connie, what's the plan for food/housing (and no I am not volunteering my place, heheh)?
Housing is still up in the air...I have a couple of friends who go to NYU and LIM, so I'll contact them and see if I can crash. I've also received an offer from a SFer. Food, I'll handle on my own, although Artisan Fan has very graciously offered to buy me a meal. I'm dying to get a chicken salad sandwich at the Bergdorf cafe, those are sublime (and a ripoff).

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Food, I'll handle on my own, although Artisan Fan has very graciously offered to buy me a meal.
Will it be prepared by artisans?

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now this got me thinking...

Hell, I want to come to CSE Fund too,

which Forum member would send me a ticket ( Geneva-NY-Geneva )
smile.gif

gehrig

Reaction score
Congrats to the poster for actually getting the ticket through a message board post. I know some of the responses have been hateful, but please don't let that discourage you from soliciting sartorial funding via the forum in the future. I (and from what i can see, many others) have enjoyed reading this thread immensely, and look forward to reading subsequent ones of its kind.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
I'm dying to get a chicken salad sandwich at the Bergdorf cafe, those are sublime (and a ripoff).
Only women go there. In that neighborhood (well, roughly) I'd go for a burger at J.G. Melon or P.J. Clarke's. There's also a good, hilariously cramped coffee shop on Madison across the street from Barney's (around the corner from the Regency). It's called Viand and looks totally out of place. Good for a cheap (well, by NYC standards) quick meal if you're starving. Also a little cross town on 57th between 6th and 7th there's the Burger Joint in the lobby of the Parker Meridien hotel. Awesome. All these places serve booze except maybe Viand so don't forget ID.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RJman
Will it be prepared by artisans?
Perhaps a romantic evening at Blue Hill?

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gehrig
Congrats to the poster for actually getting the ticket through a message board post. I know some of the responses have been hateful, but please don't let that discourage you from soliciting sartorial funding via the forum in the future. I (and from what i can see, many others) have enjoyed reading this thread immensely, and look forward to reading subsequent ones of its kind.

Lou,

Would you like to Paypal me a pizza?

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper
In situations like these I think we should be just as annoyed with the people who enable such behavior. I have a cousin who has been in and out of trouble since he was a teenager and a lot of it has to do with my aunt who seems to support him no matter what he does which even included him crashing her car with a canister of nitrous oxide in the passenger seat which he was huffing on.
I think this comparison might be a bit extreme. Connemara is simply soliciting donations so that he can attend an event -- he's not irresponsibly operating a vehicle under the inf--- uh... nevermind.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
I think this comparison might be a bit extreme. Connemara is simply soliciting donations so that he can attend an event -- he's not irresponsibly operating a vehicle under the inf---

uh... nevermind.

musicboohoo[1].gif

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
Only women go there.
The one in the Men's store? Hardly. I've never had the chicken salad, but I hear it's fantastic.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sure there are some cafes and bars that have clients who would be willing to cover the charges for a young whippersnapper.
devil.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads